2.0 TDI remap/DPF removal

S

Scott_Crossley

Hi guys,

I've booked my car in for a remap and egr removal but the guy has told me he will not remove the dpf as it can cause problems if ever there should be a fault with the engine as it makes it impossible to fault find? He said it will fail an MOT if it doesn't have one and it will cost me the best part of £1000 to have a new one fitted.
From what I was aware removing the dpf is the best thing to do? Can anyone shed any light on this?

Gut it and refit and get the troublesome blockage out of the system . Mot is a visual.

Hmm any egr delete I've read about (darkside developments) say the DPF has to be deleted at the same time as the DPF regen process uses the egr so they both need deleted in one go.

As said if it was my car the DPF would definitely be gone.

I would remove it, gut it and then refit. The MOT inspection is only visual to check it is still there.

Not sure of any symptoms where having a DPF would make it harder to diagnose.

Where are you having the work done? And why is the guy making excuses about the DPF?

if they use some cheap software like volta then your ecu will never show a fault code ,so cant be diagnosed correctly . but the egr and the dpf can be turned off independently to each other .

Hi mate, I'm based in manchester. After all the info provided I'm gonna get it remapped tomorrow and take the dpf off at a later date depending on how better off it will make the car

Indeed Rick is in Stockport Manchester. If the DPF is disbled correctly then there are no issues. He doesn't know how to disable the DPF correctly on your car which is worrying.
Rick mapped my car , removing the EGR and DPF correctly and with no issues.
If you want the best performance from the car and better fuel economy then the DPF needs to go.

Karl.

Reactions: Sayam
Cheers guys, I'll have a chat with him then

Reactions: Sayam
Short cuts on DPF deletes just isnt worth it.......and will cost in the long run. I had a customer who had it done previously that had the actual sensors removed and the holes welded up. Worst welding Ive ever seen in my life.........cost him to reinstate everything and it was gutted, welded back up and remapped with EGR delete no problem. Hasnt had a problem in 2 years with it.

Reactions: Uj101
how does everyone actually get the dpf OUT???? i'm looking at mine and it looks impossible:wtf: