2.0 TDi Lowering Springs

RS_Cosworth

Reaction score
I'd be very grateful if people could post up pics of their A3's with various different lowering springs on, stating what make they are and what drop they are supposed to have given. I'm really struggling to decide which ones to go for on mine as I'm very picky about the look they will give the car (i.e. lower at the front than the rear) as I really am not a fan of this look tbh. If possible I want it to be perfectly even (or as near as) at both the front & rear, are there any springs out there that can offer me this look??-btw, Coilovers unfortunately aren't an option for me as they're out of my price range at the mo!!
All help/advise/recommendations will be gratefully received as it's doing my head in now looking for the right ones!!! :icon_thumright:

Really??- I thought for Coilovers you was looking at more like £300-£400 upwards??

Yorkshire

A true Yorkshire man would use bed springs and weld them to make them fit :

setha.jpg

Mine is lowered on eibach pro springs. Around 30mm drop.

I will post some piccies later on

A true Yorkshire man would use bed springs and weld them to make them fit :

setha.jpg

:lmfao: true mate!

Mine is lowered on eibach pro springs. Around 30mm drop.

I will post some piccies later on

If you could matey that'd be great :icon_thumright:

i'm thinking about KWs soon 35mm drop

Sound ok mate, would ideally like to see them fitted first though to see exactly what kind of drop they give...

My Eibach Sportlines arrived this morning, booked in to get them fitted tomorrow morning! 50mm front and 40mm rear, if you look at the side shot of my car there is a bigger gap up front so I was a little unsure about 35mm all round, did this previously and my car looked like I was towing an invisible caravan, not good!

DSC02925.jpg

By 1pm my car should be a lot closer to the ground, I'll bob a thread of it up once it's completed.....

DSC02933.jpg

Getting quite giddy about the look of it when they go on!

No a couple is 2 here in Yorkshire :icon_thumright:

Looks like me and you are in same boat mate, just a couple of yorkshire lads wanting there A3s lookin slick ha. Just out of interest yours pre 2006?

Im thinking just springs for mine now 35mm drop just hope the ride isnt too rough!

My Eibach Sportlines arrived this morning, booked in to get them fitted tomorrow morning! 50mm front and 40mm rear. By 1pm my car should be a lot closer to the ground, I'll bob a thread of it up once it's completed.....

Be sure to get some pics up once the springs are on matey, very interested to see what it sits like :cool:

Looks like me and you are in same boat mate, just a couple of yorkshire lads wanting there A3s lookin slick ha. Just out of interest yours pre 2006?

Im thinking just springs for mine now 35mm drop just hope the ride isnt too rough!

Hiya mate, yes mine is pre 2006 (2003 to be exact) Honestly mate I'm finding it so difficult to decide which springs to go for :shrug:

Last edited:
Hiya mate, yes mine is pre 2006 (2003 to be exact) Honestly mate I'm finding it so difficult to decide which springs to go for :shrug:

Nice Im lovin mine at the mo, just dont want to make it rubbish to drive! Im just scared of the things that can go wrong due to past experience lol.