1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2.0 TDI faster than a 3.2!

Karcsi Dec 14, 2004

1. Karcsi

Karcsi Member

OK, not strictly true. A chipped 2.0TDI (180bhp) appears to be faster than a std 3.2 round a track, according some testing Autobild have done round a 2 mile track.

http://www.autobild.de/aktuell/reportagen/artikel.php?artikel_id=7659&artikel_seite=1#

I don't know German, so do not know whether the same person drove each car (175 of them) under the same conditions. But there are some strange-ish results there from which you may infer that it wasn't or conditions changed. Still, QI.

2. CJ A4

CJ A4 Active Member

http://www.google.com/language_tools?hl=en

USE THIS WEBPAGE AND ENTER THE URL from the German webpage in the translator bit and hey presto you get it in english mate. Hope it helps you! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

3. CJ A4

CJ A4 Active Member

WOW am i reading that right from that website the 1-50 rankings. The Audi quattro sport beat the BMW M3 CSL and a Porsche 911 GT3 HAHAHA NICE I need to upgrade badly.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

4. Mcgough

Mcgough Member

great!

5. Karcsi

Karcsi Member

I think the testing is rather standardised, as it's the 175 cars they have tested over the last 3 years. Some surprising results there. An standard S4 faster than a standard RS6! OK, only just.

6. CJ A4

CJ A4 Active Member

Dont know not sure m8 dont think they mentioned much about the track! Mainly just the stats.

7. NWMark

NWMark Member

Thats the german version of our AutoCar mag.

Them tests will be done in all kinds of different condtions so hard to compare like for like really.

Mark