2.0 tdi fan problem HELP

Lex

Reaction score
i came home about 3 hours ago after a slow easy drive and when i left the car in my drive the fan was going and i thought oh it must be cooling so left it.

my dad has just come home and he said "lex have you just come home? becuase your fans are going nuts"

i've ben out to my car to have a look and the car is stone cold but the left hand fan is going sick.

i have disconnected the battery so i dont run it down

what could cause this problem? :unsure:
i have a long drive tomorrow and i need the car to be perfect

any help will be great

cheers

lex

have you connected the battery again... sometimes it just resets itself...

You should be fine for the trip, but I would take a spare battery if it was me...

Pedro

yeah as soon as i reconnected it, the fan started up again

good thinking about the spare battery though.

its still in warranty from the garage i bought it from so i might give them a ring tomorrow, however the garage is up in sheffield 100miles away from me so balls am i going to drive up there.

cheers

The temperature sensor that controls the fan must have failed. Logic dictates that the sensor must have a permanent live feed so it can control the fan independently.

so what do you suggest i do with it ?

will i need a new sensor for it?

Assuming you know where it is you can check it with a multimeter. Unless a wire has fallen off you probably need to replace it.

i havent got a clue about this car haha

im use to my 1.4 golf going wrong and fixing that

cheers Beddie,

i hope its a simple fix because if im wrong and the car is out of warranty i dont really wanna spend £400 because thats my remap out the window

Fingers crossed for you mate..
As a temporary measure for your journey i'd disconnect the problem fan and just keep an eye on the temperature gauge if you hit any traffic, then get it back to the dealer you bought it from :icon_thumright:

i just tried a little drive in it and the traction control light was on :s

but lucky for me i have my brothers 1.6 focus insured for tomorrow WOOP WOOP

i cant wait