1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2.0 tdi Engine swap

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Palooza, Feb 21, 2014.

1. Palooza

Palooza New Member

Hi my engine went the other day from a turbo failing and bearings going into it so Ive found another engine i'm wanting to purchase and fit.

Would anybody know if a 2.0 tdi engine from a 2010 touran would be a straight fit into my 2.0 tdi 2007 A3? They both have BKD engines and DSG transmission?

What might be different/what else is involved other than dropping the engine in?

Secondly, as a bit of wishful thinking, what would be involved in buying a 170 engine, what would need to be changed?

Thanks for any help
  2. SmithyAG

SmithyAG Active Member

If memory serves, the touran is the same chassis as the A3, it's just a "taller" golf.

I'd imagine it will be a straight swap for the engine tbh, although I would see if somebody can confirm it with part numbers or similar?
  3. Palooza

Palooza New Member

Ive got both engine numbers if that helps? Not sure if engine numbers are unique to that engine though? If you can confirm
  4. Palooza

Palooza New Member

Bump anybody
  5. @udi A3

@udi A3 Site Sponsor Site Sponsor

would have thought a BKD is a BKD. Long block swap should be fine just swap the ancillaries over and buy a decent turbo.
  6. Palooza

Palooza New Member

Thanks for that, its a complete engine with turbo so I'll go ahead and buy it :)