2.0 tdi DSG rattle noise in P and N.

Mikemc

Scooby Slayer
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
As title, no noise what so ever in any of the actual gears ( R D S ) just wondering if its anything I should worry about

Ok cheers for that, mine seems to be on any type of ground, maybe I'm just a bit paranoid, ill start worrying when it's a noise in gear haha!

Hate to be the one to disagree, but never had anything like that on mine, what mileage has yours done and has it been kept up to date with the oil & filter change every 40k?

Hate to be the one to disagree, but never had anything like that on mine, what mileage has yours done and has it been kept up to date with the oil & filter change every 40k?
I agree! I'd get it checked to make sure it's not something like a clutch release bearing that's wearing out.

Its just hit 82 bought it not long ago, so I guess I should get it done, does anybody know the prices of these clutch release bearings so I know what I'm looking at when I go for prices

Just to add, I asked the garage I bought it off to check the DSG oil for me they said it was all okay, I'm having someone sort out my turbo soon anyway so ill ask him to check it over for me

Its probably your DMF mate. Mine did this on all 3 of my A3's - each time it was the begining of the end for the DMF. dont chage until a lot louder and consistent....

Just looked it up, a Sachs one for £282? Is there anything else I need to replace at the same time as the dmf?

i paid £740 for mine fitted. make sure the part your looking at is for a DSG model. I changed my dsg oil also

Ok cheers, i was planning on getting the oil changed soon anyway, may aswell wait til after Xmas and get the fly wheel done at the same time then

Just a quick question maybe related, when in a gear D S or R, is the car supposed to move as if I was releasing the clutch pedal in a manual

This problem seems to be Internittent, but if say it rattles more than it doesn't, if it is the flywheel am I doing damage by driving it or?

No, no noise what so ever whilst driving, it seems like at one traffic light ill put it in neutral, then it will nock/rattle, then the next lights, its fine no noise at all! Ill just live with it then till feb/march unless it gets worse

Could this be anything else? As it only seems to rattle when it's upto temp (90)

Just a but worried with it being Xmas just around the corner, could it be another engine mount as from what I remember its only appeared after my top right engine mount bolts snapped?