1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2.0 tdi cab battery light flickering then cuts out under hard driving!!!

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by brownycab, Oct 2, 2011.

1. brownycab

brownycab Member

[Oct 2, 2011]
    hey!

ive had my car a few month and every now and again the battery light flickers mostly when driving it hard. so yesterday i really pushed the car and bang it just cut off like someone had disconnected the battery??? then a split second later came back on n carried on driving but i noticed everything had been reset, the clock,the computer but the stereo settings was still ok. anyone else had this problem am thinking it could be the alternator cause its only just had a new battery so can be that.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 19, 2014]

3. slepy

slepy Extremely smart and handsome person. VCDS Map User

[Oct 2, 2011]
    Had something similar in a focus and it was faulty alternator but first check battery terminals if they both hold properly.
  4. B5NUT

B5NUT Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

[Oct 2, 2011]
    I would start with the alternator & battery, also a scan with vcds could help with fault finding.
  5. rowdyboy

rowdyboy Member

[Oct 2, 2011]
    It could be the belt slipping, check the tension and that it's clean and grease free.