1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2.0 TDI 3-door 2WD 18" tyre pressures

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by alfiejts, Feb 23, 2008.

1. alfiejts

alfiejts Member

[Feb 23, 2008]
    Now I know we've already done many threads on tyre pressures, but I've scoured them and I can't find any definitive answer.

There are obviously some widely differing recommended tyre pressures depending upon wheel size, engine type, 2 or 4 wheel drive, etc, but from reading the threads, there seems to be different recommended pressures for the same car.

I've done 4000 miles on my new Contis and the tiny raised rubber bead is still showing around the centre tread which makes me wonder if I've got the pressure too low.

I'm using the standard 33psi front, 30psi rear, as per the separare 18" label in the fuel flap (which also says 35/39 fully loaded).

Is there anyone out there with a 2WD 2.0 TDI 3-door with different recommended pressures (preferably with the S-Line suspension, in case that makes a difference too)?
    I wonder if Audi have changed their minds over time and later cars are using higher pressures?

I don't want to duplicate threads already there with lots of posts of pressures for different variants, but if you've got a 2.0TDI 2wd 3-door, could you tell me if your pressures are different?

Thanks.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 21, 2014]

3. Matt

Matt Active Member

[Feb 24, 2008]
    In my fuel cap the only pressures it gives are 38PSI front and 35PSI rear which is what I have been using. The other pressures listed are for different wheel sizes. 38 seems a high pressure but its the only recommendation I can find
  4. Twizzler

Twizzler Member

[Feb 24, 2008]
    You have. Raise them by 3psi.
  5. alfiejts

alfiejts Member

[Feb 25, 2008]
    Thanks Matt. That seems a really big difference. 33/30 for 2004 cars and 38/35 for 2008 cars of the same type....

I ran with 35.5/32.5 as a trial for my 500 mile road trip last weekend (which seems a reasonable compromise between the two), so I'll see how the centre bead wears after that.....

Car felt slightly less compliant over motorway ridges and cats eyes, but couldn't notice any other difference...