2.0 TDI 140BHP- Possible DPF Fault?

Eazyd

Reaction score
Hi All,

Before we start I have an Audi!!!

My partner has a VW EOS 2.0 TDI which is the same engine as a golf and later A3's I think?

The other day my partner was driving to work and the car was driving as normal, then all of a sudden the car just cut out (lost power) revs dropped as well as mph???
She took her foot off the accelerator and put it back down and it worked as it should. I took it for a drive after work and no issue. We were driving on the motorway today and it happened again??? very serious and very dangerous as we have 2 young children. She took her foot off the accelerator and planted it again and hey presto it worked as it should?

There was no engine management light on and fuel consumption etc is as normal?

Today the engine management light came on so I took it to an Indie immediately!

The codes were as follows:

09299 - D.P.F pressure sensor (P2453) Implausible Signal

01137 -Exhaust Pressure Sensor

Although I was informed the D.P.F can cause the Exhaust Pressure Code?

My main concern is that a D.P.F failure doesn't usually cause such a severe outcome or does it???

Any Suggestions

If the dpf sensor has failed, it could very well cause issues of bad running, given how clogged dpf's affect these engines, get the sensor resolved & I hazard a guess it will right itself afterwards.

Hi,

Are you advising me to get the Exhaust Pressure Sensor done?

The mechanic was saying its the DPF that can cause the exhaust pressure sensor fault code?

And do DPF's have a sensor or is it a new DPF needed?

Sorry for my naivety :)

I should of been clearer, when I say get resolved, meaning check the whole dpf system for things like soot levels, regeneration, dpf clogged & unusable, sensor remove/replacement, variety of things to check for sure.