1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2.0 T FSI Quattro 57 plate

Macdoon Oct 23, 2011

1. Macdoon

Macdoon Well-Known Member Team Ibis TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter Audi A4 S-line owners group

Hi gang

Bit of info needed, i'm looking at a 2.0T FSI (57) Quattro with 61k on the clock, lots of goodies with it, but what do I need to look for/need to know, it's being sold by Audi so will have the warranty. Should i be asking anything from Audi. long time since i owned a petrol Audi (about 12 yrs).

TIA

Mac

2. solaris

solaris Member

Make sure it's had the coil pack recall done..Think its revision "F". Also check if it's due for a cambelt water pump change, if so get them to do it as part of the deal.

3. Macdoon

Macdoon Well-Known Member Team Ibis TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter Audi A4 S-line owners group

Thanks i'll look into those.

4. goon

goon Member

cambelt change at 115000 so no worries there.

5. Macdoon

Sounds good, any turbo issues (is it still tight)

6. herbie

herbie Member

Since its from an Audi dealer, ask to see the full history on their database and see if its had any warranty claims.

7. drmole

drmole Well-Known Member

Audi have revised them fugures now say 80k or five years as its 57 its withing the both thressholds but get them to do it as a deal sweetener never take chances with belts and water pumps even on well maintained cars always do it for your own peace of mind

8. Richardesty

Richardesty loves quattro

:rtfm: Just make sure its got at least 19" alloys

:whistle2:

9. Macdoon

LOL abslutely will have to put 19's on, if i can find a decent B7 with toys.

10. Macdoon

Finding it difficult to find a decent B7 Quattro, what your views on a non Quattro 2.0T FSI and upgrading the RARB? Plenty non Quattro's with lots of toys around.

Mac

11. northernlight

northernlight Member

Just had a similar search to yourself and managed to find one after a lot of looking. Had to go for a saloon tho as the avants were like hen's teeth with the right spec. Have seen a silver 57 plate one at M25 Audi at a pretty good price and fully loaded.

The petrol versions seem to be pretty reliable, but i'd certainly go for the quattro if you can find one, i tried both and the quattro just felt more sure footed. Mind you, i came from a Scoob STI, so am used to 4wd.

12. Macdoon

Well done fella, they certainly are a rare beast. So the search goes on.

13. northernlight

northernlight Member

14. Macdoon

15. razza1

razza1 Well-Known Member

After owning the fwd version, and then getting the quattro, I would never go back to fwd. You can add a lot of things retrospectively if required.

16. dannyboy75

dannyboy75 Member

Hi,

I bought an 05 reg TFSI Quattro 4 weeks ago and have had a couple of issues, admittedly mine is high mileage (110k) but these might still be of use, just in case you come across anything similar:

1) Performance was very sluggish (I'd estimate it was missing around 40bhp). Some very helpful folk on here pointed me to a failed diverter valve. Got that replaced and the difference is staggering, it's like having a remap compared to how it was before. Part was only £50 off ebay.

2) Last week I lost all oil pressure. :ohmy:
    My first thought was oil pump, but it turned out to be the oil pickup tube which was totally clogged/blocked. I got this replaced under warranty from the place I bought it from, so not sure what it cost (I don't think it was mega-expensive though, as it's basically just an L-shaped metal tube with a gauze filter at one end).

Since my 05 car was built, I believe both parts have been redesigned to be less prone to these issues, though I'm not sure exactly when they started fitting the respective newer designs. If you're looking a bit newer & lower mileage than me then I doubt you'll encounter these anyway, but just something to look out for :)