2.0 stroker build, custom remap options in the south-east

dubmx

Reaction score
just finished a build of a b6 a4 im not 100% where to get it mapped.

im in the london area and my local mapper would be sanspeed or amd i was possibly thinking of making the trip up to r-tech

my spec list is

its a 1.8t been stroked to a 2.0
forged integrated engineering rods
wossner forged stroker pistons 8:5:1 i think
agu large port head
small to large port spacer
hybrid frankenturbo k04-015
autobahn 88 front mount intercooler
Bosch 450cc injectors
walbro 225 intank fuel pump
n75 solenoid removed & boost now controlled by manual boost controler
3" decat 2.5" stainless exhaust no middle box

MRC Tuning in Banbury Oxford is without hesitation THE place to go. They have won the Audi Tuning awards about 5 times in a row I think now. Very impressed with what I have seen first hand and heard from many others.

around a yr ago now, and 3 visits , add that to 3 mafs, because they were determined it was that at fault. The car became almost undriveable due to a huge missfire mid range due tothem flooding the engine with fuel at that point. I have had the map anylysed and tbh it was a lazy map, not the custom map that was paid for.

Manure ?? SP or whatever his name is, and Doug was the one that "diagnosed" a faulty MAF, despite them being new. I chased faults and an aparent lack of G/S missing from the car for ages, and gave up.

Found myself som decent 1.8t tuners and havent looked back

Badger 5 or R-tech for 1.8t, they between them have revolutionised the 20vt tuning scene

just finished a build of a b6 a4 im not 100% where to get it mapped.

im in the london area and my local mapper would be sanspeed or amd i was possibly thinking of making the trip up to r-tech

my spec list is

its a 1.8t been stroked to a 2.0
forged integrated engineering rods
wossner forged stroker pistons 8:5:1 i think
agu large port head
small to large port spacer
hybrid frankenturbo k04-015
autobahn 88 front mount intercooler
Bosch 450cc injectors
walbro 225 intank fuel pump
n75 solenoid removed & boost now controlled by manual boost controler
3" decat 2.5" stainless exhaust no middle box

very nice spec, why only the k04-015? You've got an engine capable of 360bhp on a good sized turbo? Yet be running less than you could get on a 1.8t?

R-tech or b5 for mapping without a doubt...

very nice spec, why only the k04-015? You've got an engine capable of 360bhp on a good sized turbo? Yet be running less than you could get on a 1.8t?

R-tech or b5 for mapping without a doubt...

ive got it booked in with R-tech for next week :yes: ive gone with the k04-015 because this build was never going to go down this route. my engine dropped oil pressure & through a rod & the build took off from there. i know its not the best turbo for my engine spec but i should get really fast spool & good torque throughout the rev range & that is quite important to me, im most likely to go with a bigger turbo at a later date maybe an atp eliminator but im sure i will be happy with the performance for now

haha how do you know? i know they cant get the figures they claim because the k03/04 housing has a restriction on flow