2.0 fsi timing issue help!!!

ash0402

Reaction score
hi everybody sorry to be rude and just barge in without saying hi but i really am in a dilemma!
basically i have a 2003 audi a4 with a 2.0fsi engine, engine code AWA.
i am in the very middle of changing the timing belt, but after numerous calls to parts suppliers including vag dealers i am still in the dark as to which kit i require.
my engine has the hydraulic tentioner that bolts to the block and the damper sits kind of horizontal pushing a large metal arm which has an idler attached to it creating tension on the belt.
i have recieved two kits one from a motor factors and another from a vag dealers, both kits have no damper included, instead they have a standard tensioner that requires setting with an alen key etc.
(tps have advised me of some sort of revision to the kit but was still a little vague)
i am not 100% confident this is the kit i require even though the dealers have told me its a revised tentioner removing the damper all together???
i have also seen another kit from a 2002 model which has a damper included but the damper sits vertical and pushes a small arm on the tentioner turning it to create the tension.
does anybody know what i am talking about as i am pulling my hair out!
any help appreciated
Untitled

this the large arm that the dampner pushes against that my car has but the new kits dont if that helps at all

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 129
Why didn't you order a kit from audi then that way you'd be getting the right bits plus I think audi do deals on cam belt kits

yep had to buy damper separate for mine.