2.0 BRD Cam position senor(G40) problem need HELP!

steven_smyth904

Reaction score
Since I got my 2.0 BRD I've had no end of issues with the cam positon senor and was wondering if anyone on here had any Ideas before I burn the car to the ground!

I've changed the cam senor 3 times in the last 6 months pulled the belt and checked everything that side and re done the timing while I was at it as the timing was off thought that was going to sort it and it was fine for about 5 week until last Friday when it cut out on me again on the way home so plugged it in on my hand held and brought up the cam sensor again got the car home and checked the torsion values and it had moved from -2.95 where it was happy to +7.

when I got it where it was happy 5 weeks ago I marked the ends of the cams and the adjustment bolts so I could see if anything had moved and they were all still perfectly in line so can not figure out why it's thrown a tantrum again!

Any input into a possible cause/ things I can do to try and fix it would be much appreciated as I'm at my wits end with this car now!

Thanks in advance
Steve

If it's not torched yet try changing the engine speed sensor g28, bit of a tw*t to get to though!