1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1st service

VACINC Jun 24, 2005

1. VACINC

VACINC Member

1 st service on monday, oil + filter, polin filter, and wipers, audi belfast (just to keep the book stamped) have serviced it twice, so far in 11,000 miles, myself, at a cost to me of £34.00. how much ? from audi £290.00 oil they say is long life( "NOT" ) does any one out there think it lasts longer than any other type of oil ? at £55.00 a gallon it must be 18 carrot, wiper blades ( part of the service) say £46, polin filter £15.00, oil filter £6.00. = £122.00 for parts, labour £168.00. for half an hours work ?. thats works out at £336.00 an hour labour ? ANY JOBS GOING THERE? did **** turpin were a mask.

2. technics100

technics100 Active Member

I think audi (Isaac agnew) charge £80+vat labour. Robbers!!!! You are better going to Biggerstaff on the dublin road, he will stamp the book. I just do mine myself and keep all receipts..

Agnews Volkswagen will service your car. I got quoted £270 from audi and £170 from VW. both are Isaac Agnew..

3. Amit

Amit Member

lucky u.

Just got my first AVS service plus new wipers. Cost me £370

Reading audi charge £100 + var an hour for labour

Amit

4. imported_bubstar

imported_bubstar Guest

[ QUOTE ]
    oil they say is long life( "NOT" ) does any one out there think it lasts longer than any other type of oil ? at £55.00 a gallon it must be 18 carrot,

[/ QUOTE ]

While I agree that Dealer servicing is expensive - Mostly down to high labour costs (over £100 an hour here) If you have a basic knowledge and can do a oil & filter change then go for it!

But with the money you've saved yourself , why skimp on parts and more importantly the oil its self? Comma Oils do a longlife VW503 00 spec oil that's cheaper than Castrol SLX LongLife II.

It's expensive because it's designed to go all the way to 2 yrs or 22k + Miles.

5. VACINC

VACINC Member

Castrol SLX LongLife II. i buy it for 16.98 + vat gallon ( well 4 litres) i have service it my self twice, for about £70.00 with gen parts, counting the oil ?

6. imported_bubstar

imported_bubstar Guest

[ QUOTE ]
    Castrol SLX LongLife II. i buy it for 16.98 + vat gallon ( well 4 litres) i have service it my self twice, for about £70.00 with gen parts, counting the oil ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah - That's a Fantastic price.
    I thought I was doing well @ £26.36 +vat (£31.97inc) for 4x1 ltrs! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

BUB /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

7. VACINC

VACINC Member

im in the trade / motor. thats cost price + vat