1st Service at the main dealers soon, help?

sat1983

Reaction score
Booked the A3 for it's first service at Chesterfield Audi. £180 inc VAT, hope it's a decent price plus getting a courtesy car whatever that'll be..

It's the first new car I've owned. They asked me on the phone if there was anything else needed. Didn't know what to say as I'm always scared they'll just charge me more!!
Did she mean warranty work?
Is it ok to mention it when I get there? There is a few probs, which I don't know if they're covered under warranty.

First one is I imagine will be, the car sometimes trembles a little when idling at traffic lights. Common fault apparently?
2nd one is when I hoovering the car the plastic thingy off the rear carpet broke when I lifted the mat a few month ago. Not that it really matters, but it's there if you know what I mean.
3rd one is that my seat is getting a little worn, the car is only a year old and it's been like this for months!

I know I have to ask them not to wash it, don't want nasty swirls and I hope they don't kerb the wheels...

They can do an update (reflash) for the tremble you described but to be fair its a diesel so you will always get some vibration.

Personally I would mention anything and everything that you class as a fault and the Dealership will soon tell you if its covered or not as it costs them nothing with the factory being cross-charged in the first 2 years.

Always shop around the dealers in your area before booking the car in as prices are not fixed as they would have you believe with alternate dealers ofetn giving introductory discounts just to get you on there books, having said that £1810 seems fair.

£180 is a very good price (some have paid more than double that), I paid £199 which was on 2yrs so included the pollen filter change.

As per the brochure, they shouldn't charge you for any work you haven't agreed to.

1) Don't know.

2) Doubt they'll change it as you did it, worth a try though - perhaps it was faulty\weak when you got it???

3) There are some recent threads on here re worn leather seat bolsters - is yours leather?

Helps to put a big piece of paper saying "Please do not wash this car" on the passenger seat.

Post the full breakdown of your invoice on the sticky service thread when done.

cdb2 said:
3) There are some recent threads on here re worn leather seat bolters - is yours leather?

No its only cloth! Been like this for 6 months or more. I just don't want to appear too picky but I have never had a car with cloth seats wear!
My mk3 golf was 10 years old and the seats had no wear whatsoever.
Perhaps the mats thingy is taking it too far as I imagine they'd have to replace the whole carpet?!

They may be able to get you a lug to put in the existing carpet, ask - worth a try.

Not seen anyone on here with wear on cloth seats, post some pics so we can see.

Here are the pics cdb2, i do find this quite bad for a year old car! And they've been like this a while:

DSC01866.jpg

DSC01865.jpg

DSC01864.jpg

DSC01863.jpg

And here's the weird "bubble" type thing on the interior plastic. God knows what that is!

DSC01867.jpg

Did u have the car from new?

If the 'wear' is just that patch, looks like it has been rubbed??? Either to remove a mark or by something rough on the seat. Had similar on gf's Golf - she rubbed the seat fabric to remove a mark, ended up bobbly. Removed the bobbles with one of those de-fuzzing things.

Almost like your trousers are made of sandpaper!

As them about it at the dealership, never know your luck. If you've never rubbed it or put anything abrasive on your seat it shouldn't have gone like it so could be faulty - a bad batch? Try the argument 'No one elses is like it so mine must be faulty'.

A the end of the day it comes down to whether it has happened through abnormal premature wear or whether it has been rubbed or had something abrasive on it.

It was an ex demo- sure it wasn't like it when I bought it though!

Get some fluffy pants :)

Seriously though just looks like normal wear to me probably caused by rivets on jeans ets..

You could always have a full retrim in lthr for £1,000, go on spend some money...