1st Post! Beware if offended by Solar Orange!

s123kev

Reaction score
Website
www.waterspets.co.uk
Hi All!

Just a quick note to introduce myself...

Im Kev, Living near Maidstone, Kent. Had my car written off a couple of weeks ago. Used to drive a 2008 Smart Brabus (I know - have a laugh :ermm: I was off my head paying 18k for a ****** plastic car in January!)

Anyway, after driving Mini's Cooper S works, the Type R, 1 series and the S3, It had to be the S3! I am so annoyed that for years and years I didnt even look twice at Audi apart from the TT.

So shes Solar Orange.:huh: I know most hate it, but I reckon thats why I like it, got some ugly duckling thang going on I think!

Pick her up tomorrow morning- so i reckon its going to be a long soddin night! Even managed to foregoe the pub so I have a fresh head!

Hi and look forward to posting some posts. :salute:

Kev

n585842327_914616_9164.jpg

welcome, i think it looks really great mate, i seen one in orange and i think its a real eye catcher,
enjoy

Welcome mate
I actually like the Solar, but I'm simply not brave enough to do it myself!
Enjoy the power - it'll be a big leap from the Smart Brabus!

Get a wheelbarrow for your nads when exiting the vehicle Kev
seriously though Audi needs a colour like that so fair shout and hope you enjoy the car

wish it had flared arches

A soddin huge leap matey. I thought the ****** thing was going to take off on the test drive!

trouble with the smarts despite what people say is that they break up after the smallest impact. Nothing upfront to protect you. Even after a 25mph head on impact the car was deemed a right off.

Anyway, good to join the big boys club...

one of the best colors in S3 IMO... welcome and congrats on the new purchase...

Welcome mate and lovely car....Nice choice. I saw a solar orange S3 locally recently and it does appear quite a 'creamy' orange if that makes sense, not vivid orange. I wish they'd do that orange/yellow pearl lambo colour on the S3.... Seriously stunning.

Welcome to the site :sign_welcome:
To be honest Solar Orange is a nice colour (REALLY NICE) just not so many people are brave enough to get that colour in fear or re-sale and every thing. Saw a nice Solar Orange two days ago was lovely just stood out i also like the Imola Yellow when i get a S3 i might have to go for the Imola Yellow colour. Enjoy the car :)

Ashley

Hey mate, I was brave.

Had so many comments on the colour. I never had anyone saying it was a bad colour once they had seen it. Great choice and re-sale will NOT be affected by it. Trust me, if anything it will help.

I have just gone for an Imola yellow.

David

Cheers for the comments guys, I must admit I am particulary pleased with the feedback RE the colour. It was my only slight worry!

I reckon I got an ok deal on the car. They took 750 off, fixed the couple of stone chips, serviced the car and provided a full tank of full. 22500 in the end.

The car is just under a year old, bose, light sensor, bluetooth, reversing sensors, ipod, concert, mf sterring wheel. Just no cruise control or sat nav.

What do you reckon guys, was this ok on a car that has done 8k miles?

Nice car the S3 is. but there are some colors that should not be allowed. l actually had this color out as a test motor. looks to much like a Focus ST. Dont get me started on the TT in this color.

Thats a good deal. I sold mine for 25500 around a month ago.
Cracking colour. Not as good as Imola though hehehehehe

David

£22,500 i'd say it's about right for the current climate. In fact i bet you could have battered them down further. Autotrader is currently flooded with year old S3's at about that money. Still a good deal though mate.

Anyway i'm assuming you've got the car now? How are you enjoying it?!

Hi mate and :sign_welcome: to the club.

I like the Solar Orange too, but I'd always wanted a black car and went for the Phantom myself.

I'm in your neck of the woods. Was that the test car from Audi Aylesford you've purchased by any chance? If so, I drove it first mate!! lol

Good price I think and you'll love it I'm sure. Especially now the weathers getting crap, they have sooo much grip. Enjoy!

Welcome mate. Great colour I agree also. It was on my colour choice list but it was just pipped by blue at the end.

Thats a good deal. I sold mine for 25500 around a month ago.
Cracking colour. Not as good as Imola though hehehehehe

David

Have you seen an S3 in Imola Yellow David?

Welcome to the site! Liking the colour very much!

Welcome mate. Great colour I agree also. It was on my colour choice list but it was just pipped by blue at the end.

Have you seen an S3 in Imola Yellow David?

Yes but it was fillthy / crap Alloys / cloudy day. How could I ever get a real look at the colour at Manchester Audi.
My dad used to have an Imola S4. I just want to see a facelift S3 in Imola.

David

Yes but it was fillthy / crap Alloys / cloudy day. How could I ever get a real look at the colour at Manchester Audi.
My dad used to have an Imola S4. I just want to see a facelift S3 in Imola.

David

I always really liked the 8L S3 in Imola yellow, it was what first made me like Audis in the first place. I still like it now as my mate has one.

When I heard the new S3 was coming out I 100% planned to buy an new S3 in yellow. Last year I did some hunting around and found that Stratford Audi had an Imola Yellow S3 demonstrator so I went for a butchers. I was disappointed mate. It was ok but it seemed more like it was a faded yellow. It just turned me off it (and onto solar orange) instantly.

I reckon you should get a nice green like this:

miura_svj_spider_green.jpg

lamborghini_miura_1.jpg

lamborghini_miura_4.jpg

Yes I like green but I think I've lost the bottle for it.

http://www.autopia.org/forum/click-brag/90403-audi-rs4-imola-yellow-detail.html

I think the new aggresive stance will suit the colour more.

I can't have another orange because it wouldn't be like changing cars.

David

I can't view the pics here at work mate but I have seen plenty of RS4/S3 Imolas pics/in the flesh and I like the colour. But it just doesn't look that great on the 8P S3 IMHO. If it did I would have one right now!

How about another yellow from within VAG? How much would it cost? The yellow used on the current Leon cupra is very nice!

Alright peoples!

Just got home (although itching to go out in her again!!!) Took a couple of mates down to Hastings in her and back to get to know the car a little. Had a great time, loving the car very very much.

That blimmin speed limiter is gonna have to stay on I reckon, otherwise can anyone recommend a decent snooper that dosent look too out of place on the dash?

Yup it was the Maidstone Audi and I suspect the car you drove matey (Hope you didnt thrash it too hard! lol).

Cheers for the feedback RE the price, did do quite a bit of homework in the end.

Will defo be attending some meets at some point, so will keep an eye out.

Kev

Welcome to the forum Kev. Nice car! so glad you're enjoying it.

Oh yeah... Solar S3's.... love em... would have one if I was younger but I'll stick with my sensible choice ;)

looks too much like a Focus ST

The colour may be orange but thats where it ends
I saw an orange ST when they first came out and thought 'that is nice' then 3 cars back was ANOTHER one in exactly the same colour...no no no,S3's are rare and orange un's are rocking horse poo

I just can't wait for my Imola now.
Solar is very good though.

David

The colour may be orange but thats where it ends
I saw an orange ST when they first came out and thought 'that is nice' then 3 cars back was ANOTHER one in exactly the same colour...no no no,S3's are rare and orange un's are rocking horse poo

Sure . thats where it ends. Its orange. its an S3 . it looks the same as a Focus ST, but its a S3 none the less. . :shutup2:

Sure . thats where it ends. Its orange. its an S3 . it looks the same as a Focus ST, but its a S3 none the less. . :shutup2:

Yes....BUT this colour has got to be more attractive to younger/extrovert customers than Dolphin Grey (I like this colour BTW) or Blacker than space Black?