1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Mikebabs1

Mikebabs1 Member

Hi all,

My 2.0 A4 SE is 3 years old next month and therefore due for its first MOT. Anyone know how much Audi charge for an MOT? Also, as its under warranty still, do I have to take it to a "stealer", or can I take it my local garage?

Obviously not expecting it to fail, but are there any potential problems I should be aware of?

Cheers

Mike

2. mikeA2B

mikeA2B Member

Hi My car is on a 2001 Y reg and its just come out of warranty, My advice is dont bother with the main dealers, ive had a lot of trouble pinning them down to an exact cost to carry out a 30k service, and advice that other Audi owners is similar.

As for an MOT well id go to your local test centre, so long as they offer a free retest and dont oblige you to have the work done by them only.

3. mikeA2B

mikeA2B Member

Is that Lancaster Audi in manchester?

4. mikeA2B

mikeA2B Member

Cheers, i rung them on wednesday, didnt get back to me until friday, and wasnt very helpful so i told them id 'sleep on their quote'

Hope their manager see this because their service and prices are [censored] and wont be knocking on their door for my next Audi - up to now Preston Audi seems the most professional, helpful, and just as bloody dear.
    /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif -------> HOW MUCH???

5. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost! Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona Audi S3 quattro Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

If the car is still under warranty, it should pass the 1st MOT no probs, if not, get them to fix it!

6. mikeA2B

mikeA2B Member

Tameside, probably near you

7. arthurfuxake

arthurfuxake Controversial & Contradictive

You're even closer than I am. I travel there from Rochdale. I usually do it on a Saturday - traffic during the week is nightmare. I even lead my wife to believe that I'm treating her to a days shopping around Macc - so I kill 2 birds with one stone.

8. mikeA2B

mikeA2B Member

haha /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif