1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1st mot tomorrow

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by rOb_A, Jul 11, 2011.

1. rOb_A

rOb_A Active Member

anything i should be concerned about? :think:
    just put on new tyres and other than that the car drives great
  2. Kriminal

Kriminal Member

Nah - chill out mate. Put mine in last Friday for it's 2nd, and it flew by ;-)
  3. ScottTDI

ScottTDI Member

Check the off side CV gaiter for splits, I've known at least 3 cars ( 2 A3 & mk5 golf) been pulled up on that on the 1st M.O.T

Scott
  4. rOb_A

rOb_A Active Member

always good to have the warranty. the mot picked up a broken front spring, which has been replaced foc!!
    big decision now to sell or keep. car is 3 yrs old next month. what you guys think? not sure what the car is worth and what would you buy? budget say £21k depending on the price for mine.
  5. mike foster

mike foster Fossie

Check the nearside one as well 'cos mine needed that to pass !!
  6. rOb_A

rOb_A Active Member

its passed the mot, so all is now good
  7. paddy

paddy Audi=No fault code, no idea

Selling if you dont need to is a whole pile of money ! its only as it gets older that it starts to pay you back a few bob.
  8. rOb_A

rOb_A Active Member

:iagree: but i also like a car in warranty. another issue is i like the A3 SB s line, nice car & spec me thinks
  9. paddy

I was once told by Audi tech to never keep a audi out of warranty ! I have to say i kept mine for 3 years out of warranty and it cost me about £8k in maintenance over the time not counting the £4-5k Audi paid out under the Warranty. I recon that having paid £20k for it, add another 10-14 maintenance it cost about £34k for 4 years. I got £5k back for it so it worked out at about £7.5k a year to keep it on the road + consumables like tires etc. £140 a week for 4 years before you even start to drive it..........lol Dont you just love Audi :)
  10. N8

N8 Kowalski Details

I had my first MOT this year as well, the day I was travelling down south, I was bricking it and it passed with flying colours :wub:
  11. rOb_A

rOb_A Active Member

picked up my SB today, all good. the dealer asked if i'd like to trade up. i dont think i'm going to sell but they offered me £10.5k for my car. is this a good price? i'd say my car is good nick, always serviced by audi, has 39k on the clock, see sig for spec.
  12. Hellz

Hellz Geordie Racer

Hadnt realised you'd sold the 3.2 Paddy - What you got in mind for your next drive?

I'm not really up on the cost of 1.8T's but 10.5k sounds quite low considering its age and mileage?
  13. rOb_A

rOb_A Active Member

yeah i thought it was low! and ppl wonder why dealers are aka stealers! :aggressive:
  14. paddy

I bought a new S3 Hellz. Would have rather have had a new 3.2 but cant be done so next best thing :)
  15. Hellz

Hellz Geordie Racer

Nice - underwhelmed? I know I have been a little - maybe I'd set my expectation too high. Although its a great car I expected more, and I'm really missing DSG :S

It is completely standard so I might have to go down the route of a remap quite soon...
  16. paddy

I went for DSG again but i do wonder what all the fuss is about with the S3. I think people who havnt lived with a 3.2 just dont understand. The salesman who took mine out to check it came back and said "Very very quick" with a big grin on his face...lol... wanted to know why i was selling..... Couldn't really tell him :)
  17. rOb_A

rOb_A Active Member

:nunu: what u guys on about?