1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1st and 2nd gear shudder. a4 b5 1.9tdi

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by craigg9700, May 5, 2011.

1. craigg9700

craigg9700 New Member

[May 5, 2011]
    Hello all ,

My 1st post on the forum. as im a newbie so hello to you all

Just purchased an Audi A4 b5 1.9tdi. its the 1st audi i have owned ( and rw drive car).

Made up with the car but i have concerns.

The problem i have is quite hard to explain in txt , easier to feel the issue from the driving seat.

To me the car feels like 1st and 2nd gear are loose , the clutch bites well and it has no problems engaging gear, the car pulls like a train when under load but at short speeds the car seems to rock / knock when clutch peddle is pressed ( mainly from a stop start or low speed).

any ideas or advice would be much appreciated?

Craig
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 18, 2014]

3. ian52

ian52 2000 a4 1.8tqs-yellow

[May 6, 2011]
    probably tghe dual mass flywheel if its juddering. Your car is fwd or awd (quattro). They never made the a4 rearwheel drive.
  4. craigg9700

craigg9700 New Member

[May 6, 2011]
    Thanks ian , im no expert with cars . Must be front wheel then , To be honest im getting used to the drive of the car now , i think it may have been the way i was riding the clutch. Not used to diesels ( always owned petrols), the power and gears drive totally different to that of a petrol car ( in my opinion.)

done 65 mile and the diesel's hardly moved lol. futures bright . DIESEL all the way for me!!!!