1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1st & 2nd Gear???

drmole Dec 3, 2011

1. drmole

drmole Well-Known Member

in the cold morning we had earlier this week I found my first & second gear to be bit stiff/notchy once worked and drove a bit longer they returned to normal

never experienced this before not even when I was up for work at 4am in - double figures last year

any idea's? ??? :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::banghead:

2. ScottD3

ScottD3 I want your faulty electronics Supporter Team V6 quattro Audi A8 Audi S8 Team Akoya TDi saloon

Time for a oil change I think mate.

3. drmole

drmole Well-Known Member

gearbox oil? sure tha was done in feb when I had belt n full service

4. ScottD3

ScottD3 I want your faulty electronics Supporter Team V6 quattro Audi A8 Audi S8 Team Akoya TDi saloon

Yeah gear box oil.
    Its gear box oil part of a service or do you have to request it?

If it was done, did they use the correct Audi listed oil? I think the gear boxes can be a bit fussy over what type of oil used.

5. drmole

drmole Well-Known Member

cheers Scott ill double check tha thanks :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

6. rowdyboy

rowdyboy Member

Gearbox oil change???? Do they do that on manual cars??? I've never seen it in the service book and I've never had it done on a manual car I've owned.

7. drmole

drmole Well-Known Member

i not sure mate i will do some investigating as im hoping its jus the oil as i shouldnt have gear box problems on a 4 year old car really should i?

8. rowdyboy

rowdyboy Member

You can have gearbox problems on a one week old car mate, I wouldn't worry about it too much though. It might just be one of those things that never happens again.