1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

19's on S line suspension

Biggs Feb 4, 2013

1. Biggs

Biggs Member

Are any of you guys running 19's whilst still on standard S line suspension ? If so can you post some pictures.

Thanks

2. N8

N8 Kowalski Details VCDS Map User

You'll need to replace the suspension as it's very classy, and still have loads of arch gap.

3. Biggs

Biggs Member

That's hat I was looking to see really, I don't want to make the ride any harsher by going down the cool over route, so was looking to see how big a gap there would be.

How does the air suspension handle bumps ? Is it a firm ride compared to standard suspension set up ?

Cheers

4. N8

You will IMPROVE the ride going down the coilover route, hence why I recommended it. Air ride is like driving on silk.

5. Biggs

Biggs Member

Ok thanks for your input. Is there a tried and tested route that you would recommend ? I don't mind if the ride feels the same or softer but any harder and I won't be able to deal with it.

6. N8

I can sell you V-Maxx coilovers, they offer a great ride and are well priced. All depends on what you want to spend, I would avoid cheap nasty coilovers like JOM's, go for AP/FK/V-Maxx etc, or if you want to spend big dollars then H&R or KW.

7. Biggs

Biggs Member

Pm me a price please. I'm not really interested in cheap junk but at the same time, I'm no millionaire. I just want to have the car sitting nice and level whilst still retaining the relative comfort that the standard suspension brings.

The last time a fitted coilovers to my previous cars it ruined the ride, so seeing as I don't want a track car that's what's got me worried.

Thanks again

8. Danny-boy

Danny-boy Member

I too would be interested in a pic on 19's with standard suspension.

9. N8

Look at a Q7 and it's not far off that ;)

Biggy likes this.
  10. Biggs

Biggs Member

Here is mine on 19" ch-r's on standard s line suspension.

Not quite a Q7 but there is quite a gap.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Coilovers are going on tomorrow.

11. Biggs

Biggs Member

And now on coilovers

[​IMG]

Ride has been completely ruined, but that said I am running on the lowest setting.