19's on an A3.....

DreA3Turbo

DreA3Turbo
Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
Ez everyone.....

Thought id hold back posting for a while, till I had some good news.....like my new 19's!!!

Here is a before and after shot.....

All feedback is welcome!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif)

Dre.!

Good on you mate, they look just different enough and nice and stylee. Just need to drop it to the floor now!!!

they look HUGE!!! compared to the originals

very nice indeed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Mark

Thanx 4 the comments....wasnt sure if the 19's were going to look too big, especially considering the fact that I dont see many A3's on 19's, usually its just the S boys & girls.

They look very similar to the MTM wheel - same finish too, just a few little differences (weight is probably the biggest one and price!! MTM's are over £2500!!! Eeeek!). The company I got them from is based near Southend in Essex. Apparently they are the only company to stock them in the uk, and they import them from Holland. They are called RS007's, and are only available in a 19. These are their 1st set sold, so hopefully, what we have here is a bit of a rare creation!!

Question is....how much am I going to be able to drop it...and will it require extensive arch mods? I know S3's can easily be slammed on 19's, however my humble A3's arches arent as deep...and the car is already 30mm down.

Just noticed that im going to have to change my post sig pic thing now....Doh!

Don't now about that lowering but one thing I do know they look absolutely wicked, congrats!!
coolgleamA.gif

Cheers Peeps....

I really want to go the coilover route. My m8 has got a mk3 golf on kw coilovers, down approx 60mm on hard. The ride is pretty good. If I can get that sort of ride and drop then I dont mind getting involved.

Thanx for the details Settle. Have you got any pics of your car?

Will, how much did you drop your car?

If your interested in coilovers, let me know... ca supply you with Eibach's... adjustable between 20mm-70mm, and can give a discount /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Rich

Dre, that's nice. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

With the 19's it actually looks lower in the pics than it does on the 17's. Bit Wierd that. Is your car actually at std. S3 hight or lower just now?

Also, how did you find the ride quality change?

dre ruff guess would say about 50mm could go abit lower maybe another 10-15mm but dont want to mess things up, plus a can still get full lock

Ez All...

Thanks for your comments.....much appreciated. Been trying to mod the car and retain a factory look....or something that looks like it rolled out of Sportec or MTM. She is slowly getting there.

The alloys are called RS007's. They were imported from a company in holland and are apparently the only set in the uk. I got them from a company in Rochford Essex. They imported one set of wheels as a test to see if there was going to be much interest......only me!!

They are similar to the MTM's at first glance...but on a detailed look....you notice that the recess on the spokes run all the way down to the centre on the MTM's, whilst only going half way on mine. Also they dont bear the MTM inscription. I would assume that the MTM's are probably alot lighter too.

Anyway....here is another pic.....

Hows about some more pics of ur rides? Do you know of any meets that are in the pipeline? It would be good to see a few other A3's & S3's.

Dre.!

Dre, Where abouts are you? This link should tell you all the meets there are: Meets There is one on Sunday if you're up for that and live in the area?

Cheers,

Chris

Dre, take a look in the galleries for more pics of our cars.

DreA3turbo...... Do you know the name of the supplier you bought your Rs007's from? I really like them and would be interested to know if they were still in the position to import another set. Would you mind telling me how much they set you back? Did you get them as a wheel and tyre package? Are you happy with the quality? Please understand that im desperate because...1) i cant afford the MTM Bimotos..2) If i can't get the RS007's then the only other wheels i like are the rs4 replicas....but it would be nice to be slightly different yet keep the subtle look/style. I have about £1100-£1300 burning a hole in my pocket, and have already purchased a set of lowering springs(-40mm) so really want to get them done at the same time as the wheels! I am so sorry for blabbering so much!

thanks scoTTy, ill try them tomorrow....... cmon DreA3turbo you have to be out there............somewhere.............anywhere............

I think your car looks off the hook, very nicely dropped but can go alittle more, and the 19's look sick on your ride too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
take pic's when you drop it some more.
coilovers here
Cant wait to see it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Here goes.....

Rochford Tyres are the company that I bought them from. I should imagine that they would be able to source another set, or at least put you in contact with the company that they got them from.

As for the quality - Im really pleased with them. Its just nice to be rolling around on something that little bit different.

They set me back bang on £1300. Lets hope they can sort you out with a set.

QuaTTroLina...cheers for the link.....looking forward to the Audi section of the site opening up!! Should be good. Hopefully it will tie in with when I can afford to buy my much needed coilovers!! How tasty is that TT!!! ooohhweee! Very nicely modded!

Very nice S3mon....had budgets allowed....they would have been the chosen alloy.....Having said that, had budgets allowed, I would probably be rolling in a beefed up S3 like urs......oh well........dreams....