1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1999 Audi A6 2.5 TDi V6, AFB Engine, cam tensioner advice required

Discussion in 'A6/S6/Allroad forum (C5 Chassis)' started by colin_d, Jun 9, 2013.

1. colin_d

colin_d New Member

Well, I don't really know where to start, 150K full dealer history, good cams, all was looking great...until winter. I needed new glow plugs, at least 4. Very difficult to get out, couldnt get new ones in. 2 months passed, I finally took the head off one side (with all 3 glow plugs being a pain) Took to local engineer, helicoiled & new glow plugs fitted. New head gasket, all going back together, but i decided to check the cam on the other bank of cylinders, to my horror i've found a "cam rocker" ( i think thats the name, was missing on just one cam. I used a magnetic tool & found the disc bit, but the rocker is nowhere to be found!!!!!

In addition, i've been searching far a guide to refit the cam belt. I know how to lock the crank, line up the cams etc, but only from the forums & just wondered if this procedure was published anywhere?

All help is greatly appreciated
  2. colin_d

colin_d New Member

:beerchug: I've bought & installed Elsawin. Very impressed. Now I require one of these rockers. Second hand or new is my delimar :(