1998 S4 Avant Central Locking Problem

tonybolony

Reaction score
Hi all,

I recently aquired an S4 1998, and there a few issues with it, most i have sorted, but the one issue that baffles me is the central locking, and the keys.

Basically the Central locking does not work, i out in the key and turn the clock, and it only locks the door i have the key in. The pump is connected but makes no noise at all. If i keep the key turned long enough then the windows will go down, or up depending on unlocking or locking.

Any help is appreciated

tony

I would imagine the CL pump is faulty. Probably the impellar has broken up if you listen closely in the rear drives side of the boot you will probably hear it.

ok will give it a listen tomorrow, is there a place you can recomend where i get a replacement, without having to mess with codes etc, or are there other models that are compatible?

Tony

ok just to update, listened to it today, and it does nothing and makes no noise, took it apart, and its all intact, just out of curiosity i noticed the power connector can be connected either way so i tried this, result was, stereo started to play, but windows no longer went up or down via the key, and central locking still didnt work. I am now very confused

if impellers intact id say you have some electrical gremlins
where are you?

ideally you could do with trying a different pump should be an 8L0 'G' fitted to a 98
if you cant borrow one they usually go for £40-50 on ebay

easy enough to sync fob if you have 2 keys

no its not an aftermarket stereo its a Bose Concert system. Looks like i will have to try another pump i guess

ideally if there is anybody living in the leeds area that would bring theres over for me to try i would appreciate it.