1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1998 Audi a3 1.8t agu

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Timmsyh, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Timmsyh

Timmsyh New Member

[Aug 29, 2013]
    Right im new so hello guys hope to get to know some and maybe join some of you at some shows .

So where do i start i have a audi a3 1.8t agu and iam going to start tuning first of some one told me this.

Saab red top injectors and 3" MAF housing so thats whats happening ive broght the injectors and my uncle is a cnc machiner so he's going to machine me a new housing out of alloy first question is .. will i need to replace all the intake pipes to the turbo for it to benift ? and..

they said i would only need the injectors and maf no remap is this correct ??

I will also post a thread very soon of my progress so far

im going to open my airbox hole a bit bigger to fit new housing in and then seal with a sealant as i think i will loose the o'ring

thank you guys !
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 15, 2014]

3. Lewis583

Lewis583 Active Member VCDS Map User

[Aug 29, 2013]
    Must do modifications K03/K03S AGU/AUM

They are wrong, 3inch MAF housing not reqd unless you are swapping to a K03S. Same with the injectors, I think.

Have a read through the above thread which goes into lots of detail the stages/mods needed etc
  4. Timmsyh

Timmsyh New Member

[Aug 30, 2013]
    That's a brilliant thread but it doesn't really help me I need to know if I can put these injectors in with a 3" housing without a remap and without changing any other pipes :(
  5. 16Klappe

16Klappe Princess Clap.

[Aug 30, 2013]
    No. You can't.

Larger MAF = more surface area and more air being read. Larger injectors means more fuel.

It will blow up within a mile.

If you'd read my post you would see where I say "DO NOT FIT THE MAF AND INJECTORS" and explain the reasons why.

Xxx
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2013
  6. Timmsyh

Timmsyh New Member

[Aug 30, 2013]
    Perfect thank you :) I did read it must have missed that bit
  7. 16Klappe

16Klappe Princess Clap.

[Aug 30, 2013]
    [​IMG]
  8. Timmsyh

Timmsyh New Member

[Aug 30, 2013]
    Ahhh ok so get my new maf made still but wait untill ko3s remap upgrade ?

If I get a maf made that goes 3 inch intake maf sensor then decrease to fit my current intake pipe will this still work or does it need to be 3" the whole way through ?
  9. 16Klappe

16Klappe Princess Clap.

[Aug 30, 2013]
    Why are you getting a new MAF "made"?
  10. Timmsyh

Timmsyh New Member

[Aug 30, 2013]
    To fit my standard air box as I was told keep it and put a pipercoss filament in it
  11. 16Klappe

16Klappe Princess Clap.

[Aug 30, 2013]
    Oh Jesus :(

Who told you this?
  12. Gops

Gops 6th gear @7000rpm

[Aug 30, 2013]
    Hi bud.. Just a quick thing to consider.. And I'll say this so you don't mess your car up..

FIRST RULE OF ASN: forget what you was told, it's more than likely wrong.. Read jardo's thread posted above and Learn from that. Some deep thought and years of experience is in there and worth more than gold!

2. Do It right first time.. Don't put cheap things in these cars. I know they're not worth much nowadays but they were £15k+ when new so they still require the best! That doesn't mean you need to spend top dollar.. It means read though a few threads and find that you don't need to spend £300+ on a carbon fibre F1 style induction.. £14 will get you a s2000 filter, proven to give better gains.

3. Don't take things personally.. We're all trying to help and make suree your on the right path rather then ending up with a car that's blown up!

Hope this helps.. Good luck :thumbsup:

Gops :)
    16Klappe and vivalacoulter like this.
  13. vivalacoulter

vivalacoulter Member

[Aug 30, 2013]
    This thread is very confusing. Can't we all start again?
  14. 16Klappe

16Klappe Princess Clap.

[Aug 30, 2013]
    Yup, S2000 air filter ftw. I have seen 500bhp+ Honda S2000's with the standard air filter used in one form or another. Very good flow and great value for money, you could buy three S2000 filters for the cost of one aftermarket filter.

Chances are you will have sold the car before you replace the standard filter once a year three times.

I lol'd at this thread and showed another very famous face on this forum earlier, and he asked me why I bother. I bother because I care :) Thanks Gopal.

I don't claim to know everything, but what I do know certainly works and works well. We've all been there, luckily for me I have great friends who helped me in the way I try to help others, so I did everything right the first time.

:beerchug:
    Gops likes this.
  15. Timmsyh

Timmsyh New Member

[Aug 30, 2013]
    Don't worry I won't take it personally that is why I came on here Iam completely new to these turbos , I do want people to say don't do that do this but I just wanted to clear up on what I had been told
    :D Iam very grateful off all the information you guys can give me Iam here to learn