1994 audi 90 wont idel

aaron_

Reaction score
i have a 1994 audi 90 quattro cs sport with the 2.8liter v6 engine with the five speed; that ive had for about a week now and as of yesterday it wont idel. when you start it you must apply gas or it will die and when stopping it wont idel it just dies and you have to constantly pump the gas to keep it from dieing, any ideas on what it could be? my initial thought was that there was something wrong with the sensor? but i dont know.
thanks, aaron :sos:

ISV..?.......Idle stabilizer valve is my first thought....... will do a check

right had a look about to make sure i think you have 2 options

ISV or O2 sensor

Picture below is of your engine but probably a bit shiner ..if you look beside the air filter left hand side you will see the ISV the metal item with the hoses coming from it ,you need to take that off and give it a good clean with carb cleaner ,check the wiring ie plug to make sure there is no broken wires and give the plug a good clean and apply electrical grease if at hand

then get back to us if that works, if not then we go to the next stage

Cheers

:beerchug:

[URL="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v700/rev-head/eng72_DSC00003.jpg"][/URL]

thanks for the reply, i havent been able to totally clean the ISV out yet due to lack of transportation but i have taken the hoses off and checked the plug; the plug seems to be in good condition as do the hoses i couldnt see any buildup of gunk or anything but ill get back to you on how its doing after i give it a good cleaning.
thanks, aaron

P.S. what model number is that air filter, it looks really nice, way better than the original giant black box.