1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1989 Audi 200 turbo quattro

Discussion in 'General Technical / How To' started by HOHN, Oct 2, 2008.

1. HOHN

HOHN HOHN

:wtf::blackrs4:Hello all,

I have a 1989 Audi 200 turbo quattro and just recently the battery stopped wanting to keep a charge.

If I drive it everyday it is ok. However, If I let it sit over the weekend then Monday morning it is completely dead.

So I put on a new alternator (twice) and a new battery (twice). Still no fix.

I really don't recall having this problem until I filled in some empty slots in the fuse box. Maybe the previous owner had these fuses
    removed so It would charge. But after thinking that this might have been the problem, I could not remember which fuses were

already in there and which ones I put in.

Some people tell me its not charging because of a ground wire, relay, or even a burned wire.

Some friends told me that there was an quick and easy way to find exactly what the problem was but they could not quite remember.

Is there anyone who knows how to find out what is causing the battery NOT to charge or how to narrow it down?

Thanks
    Hohn