19" wheels - offset and size query

Light Speed

Reaction score
I've searched but wanted to double check before I go ahead!

I'm looking at a set of alloys which are 9 x 19" with an offset of ET45 and 235/35 tyres - will they fit on my Avant S Line without any probs? It's got the standard 18" Five Arm alloys on at the moment.

Cheers :icon_thumright:

you,d b better of gettin et35 they fill the arches better my wheels are 8 x 19" et35 with 235/35/19 tyres

I've got absolutely huge 255/40/19's with an offset of 48, and there is very little rubbing, you should be OK with yours.

doesnt the higher offset take the wheels closer to the centre of the car golf

Light Speed said:
I've searched but wanted to double check before I go ahead!

I'm looking at a set of alloys which are 9 x 19" with an offset of ET45 and 235/35 tyres - will they fit on my Avant S Line without any probs? It's got the standard 18" Five Arm alloys on at the moment.

Cheers :icon_thumright:

Standard is 8x18 ET43 so you're adding 12mm (more or less) inside and outside. 12mm outside will be fine but I would be more worried about clearance on the inside of the arches..........

Also a 9" rim is quite wide for a 235/35. Why not just fit the 8x19 ET 35's? They will be 8mm further out and you'll have no issues.

BUB :thumbsup:

Bub is bob on there, get ones you know are gonna fit, iv'e got same size / offset etc as bub with no issues, even five-up with a boot full of ale.:wacko:

Hi chaps please help, ive been driving myself nuts looking for wheels this weekend. I have a b6 audi a4 cabriolet and wanted to know if 9j 245/40/18 et52 wheels would fit on my car. been researching for 2 days and had no luck. please help many thanks

Light Speed . 19"x 9" will fit easy with the 235 x 30 tyre mine have a offset of 42