1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

19" tyre recommendations please...

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by maars, Jan 4, 2011.

1. N8

N8 Kowalski Details VCDS Map User

[Jan 10, 2011]
    Nice one James.
  2. maars

maars Full speed ahead

[Jan 10, 2011]
    So, after much debate, I went for a set of 225/35x19 Vredestein Ultrac Sessantas. I really wanted to keep the same size and alas Goodyear were out of stock of F1s for the next few weeks. After considering all the options, and the cost, I went for a relatively unknown brand (to me) but thoroughly recommended by my chosen tyre supplier (Elite in Rainham). Initial thoughts are that they are quieter, grippier and more comfortable than the outgoing F1s, plus they have a great tread pattern (reminds me of my old F1 GDS3s). And cheaper too!

I also got Elite to check & adjust the tracking and camber. They did a brilliant job, with before and after printouts and consultation in between to keep me informed of what they were doing. Needless to say the camber needed adjusting and most of the settings were outside Audi tolerances. Everything's back to spec now and the car feels much better.

If you're in the South East and need tyres I can't recommend Elite enough - 100s of tyres in stock, great prices and excellent service.
  3. Smoothie

Smoothie Active Member

[Jan 10, 2011]
    Excellent mate, glad you happy with results! Ive had much debate over a set of 19" for some time but ive decided to stick with my optional 18" BBS pesceras and add some spacers

When spacers are on the car will be getting a similar tracking/alignment done to yourself, don't need rubber just yet lol