19" Tyre Pressure

AlexGSi2000

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Afternoon - just wondering what tyre pressure you guys with 19" wheels use.

I have just had my front tyres replaced as both outer edges were worn - the guy told me this was down to the tyre pressure being too low.

I did run 34PSI - is this too low? - tyres are 235/35/19.

Thanks!

34 for me Alex mate, never had any wear issues, have you had the tracking done since you put the front arms on?

I go 36psi 19/35/245. And there stetched,no issues.
Camber?
Get wheel allignment.

When you say both outer edges were worn, are you talking about 2 seperate tyres which had just wear on the outer side of the tyre tread? Or wear on both the inside and outer edge of each tyre?

If its wear on the outside edge of each front tyre and no abnormal wear on the inside of the tyres then it's down to alignment, could be either positive camber or negative caster.

If its wear on both the inner and outer edge of each front tyre then that would be due to under inflation.

Anywhere between 32-34 psi is fine on that size tyre.

The wear was on both edges of the tyre - inner & outer. Slightly more on the inside though.
Just wouldnt consider 36PSI underinflated personally!

Yep, I had a 4-wheel allignment done when I replaced the front suspension arms / ball joints.

I had the tyres on for 6 months and without having tracking / allignment done under my ownership - so maybe the wear may have been down to the fact it wasnt perfectly alligned when I purchased the car?

I did consider the load index but 91 XL seems to be about the highest in these dimensions - which is what I have.

I will keep an eye on them - thanks for all the replies!