19" RS4 Rims

locost47

Reaction score
Picked up a set of second hand 19" RS4 rims and tyres today for the A3, They were originally off an A4 so they are 42mm offset (I think) and have 235 35 19 tyres fitted, will they rub? I have lowered the car 35mm on H&R springs. Trial fitted them and clearance seems ok and they dont stick out past the arch at all. They only cost me £180! so though it was worth the risk, looking to paint them a darker shade of sliver or anthricite, would this suit a black car? any views? Thanks.

They are 8' wide, reading through the forum I noticed that some owners were removing the liner screw to avoid any rubbing? The rims are currently getting rubbed down to be painted so I haven't had a chance to drive the car around to see if there is any problems:sadlike:

Mine rub on the rear when you have passengers in the back, and I am running OEM suspension.

"Mine rub on the rear when you have passengers in the back, and I am running OEM suspension."
Are you running the same offset as mine? If it only rubs slightly when there are passengers in the back I can live with that, it's usually only the girlfriend in the back anyway!:laugh::ninja:

"Mine rub on the rear when you have passengers in the back, and I am running OEM suspension."
Are you running the same offset as mine? If it only rubs slightly when there are passengers in the back I can live with that, it's usually only the girlfriend in the back anyway!:laugh::ninja:

they were sold to me as ET42's, but I'm not sure they are ET35's as Wheelbase invoiced as 42's, but then there were stickers on the attached wheel protectors saying 35's. Two words, none of them polite, both aimed at Wheelbase

did removing the wheel arch screw help reduce the rubbing at all? Thinking of painting the wheels the same colour as the black edition ones, Anthracite I think? dont know how this would look on a black car though:uhm:

Picked up a set of second hand 19" RS4 rims and tyres today for the A3, They were originally off an A4 so they are 42mm offset (I think) and have 235 35 19 tyres fitted, will they rub? I have lowered the car 35mm on H&R springs. Trial fitted them and clearance seems ok and they dont stick out past the arch at all. They only cost me £180! so though it was worth the risk, looking to paint them a darker shade of sliver or anthricite, would this suit a black car? any views? Thanks.

I'l take them off you if you like :)