1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

19 inch wheel offset question!

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by glenandem, Oct 1, 2012.

1. glenandem

glenandem Member

im on the lookout for a set of 19s for my a4 avant sport b6 and ive found some that the guy said was fitted to a 2002 passat and theyre the right 5x112 stud but hes told me offset could be 48but hes not sure as it doesnt start with et on the rims,now going off his info if there 48 will they fit ok being 19s and in the arch that much as i believe around 35 is the ideal offset?
    im gonna fit coilovers too and hoping to lower it abit more than the sport height so dont want to rub any suspension components etc!
  2. Andi25th

Andi25th Member

Depending what width they are, they will fit. Idealy you would need some 15mm spacers all round.

Id recomend Creations motorsport for the spacers. There cheap hubcentric and of excellent quality.
  3. glenandem

glenandem Member

hi pal,there 8x19 rims with 225 35 19 tyres, when you say i'd ideally need 15 mm spacers are you saying that based on cosmetic reasons ie wheels sat too far in arches or are you saying it would need them to avoid rubbing suspension body etc?
    also ive been offered some 19s with 5x114 stud pattern which were fitted to an avant but i'd need to get a set of wobbly bolts,has anyone had any experience with these?
    im not so keen but these rims look really nice on his avant!!!
  4. Pabs

Pabs Active Member

ET 48 will sit in the arches anything from 30 to 35 on an 8" wide wheel would be perfect. My winter 19" RS6's are 8" with et30 and sit perfect with the arches. My bbs LM's are 9.5" at the rear with et35 and have a nice bit of poke. As for wobble bolts I tried them once and found them deadly I would not recommend them
  5. glenandem

glenandem Member

yeah i cant see wobble bolts being too clever myself,shame because those rims are 35mm offset and look the best and the other 19s are perfect in every way but 48mm offset but he cant confirm that as its just a couple of numbers he found inside the rim and it didnt start with the letters et so they might be anouther offset for all i know!!
  6. Pabs

Pabs Active Member

what wheels are they?, et 48 will be fine you will just need the spacers to get it to look right,
  7. Greeny233

Greeny233 Active Member

My wheels are 8.5x19 on the front with et42 and 5mm spacers (et37) and 9.5x19 on the rear with et40 and I have plenty of clearance so i think anywhere between et35 to et45 will fit ok.