19 inch concave wheel annoyance

Blackie

Reaction score
Website
www.desmocorse.net
Why oh why oh why do nearly all the ****** wheels i like have that stupid stainless rim around them ?

I bought some OZ rims years ago & will NEVER ger another set with stainless rims

I am looking for concave gunmetal rims

Anyone any suggestions

Ta

elo mate dnt buy the new copy ttrs alloy wheels there replica to the rs5 alloy wheel ive saw loads of sets on ebay buy they rnt concave like the rs5 look nothink like them on the car!! ive just bought set of new rs6 alloys from shop in leeds up m62 there look amazing the reps but look top i payed £825 for full set with tyers new!! but they dnt run flush with wheel arches so i need spaces stil :( the wheels are huge 20s 9j all round but as you no arches on a5s are massive but dnt no what size spaces to get :(

hard to decipher that ??? in what way lad ??? i was giving you advise about them wheels telling you the copys are **** but the new rs6 ones are good!!! ye **** ****in posh litle **** with ye posh words decipher does ****** say that when you ask him to buy your new wheels *****

Last edited by a moderator:
(4) The first language of Audi-Sport.net is English. If your first language is also English, please try to make sure this is obvious to people reading your posts. Refrain from posting messages in 'txt spk' or any other gibberish. Try to form reasonably constructed sentences with the basic tools of language you learned as a youngster. If you don't do this, do not be surprised if you receive little or no reply to your post, and a private message from a Moderator advising you to try harder. If there's a valid reason why you can't, we'll take that into account. From everyone else, we'd appreciate a bit of effort.

"Hard to decipher that"? I'm not sure I follow.

I was honestly just trying to offer some advice about those wheels; in so far as my experience has taught me that replicas tend to be of a poorer quality, while the new RS6 type are significantly better.

...The rest seems to be something about your being an oaf, and perilously close to being banned from the forum.

(An attempt at proper English when writing posts is requested in the site's usage guidelines [see voorhees' post, above] - I appreciate this was pointed out to you fairly bluntly, but of the two parties in this issue, you're the one with fewer than one leg to stand on, despite your initially good intentions (there's no excuse for direct abuse such as the sort you posted))

Any way , TXT SPK bickering to one side.

Mr B , what's your issue with the Stainless rim ?, I didn’t quite understand from your original post.

I think there was a thread on here that highlighted a You Tube clip of an S5 on 20" Vossen VVS-CV7 rims
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyOEUXqqiVU
These are, IMHO , seriously good looking wheels.

In the write up Vossen state that there wheels have Stainless steel rims

Now, I would really like to have a set of these. Granted it will probably mean selling a kidney, and also invite the wrath of her indoors.
So if there is a reason why Stainless steel rims aren't to be lusted after so , Pleeeeeese let me know

I had bad issues with some OZ rims i had on my A6. Once the stainless gets scuffed it cant be repaired or painted over. Also after a year i wanted to change the stainless rims over. You had to remove the tyre & undo some torx bolts that held it in place.
Then it should just pull off but oh no, a year of cleaning & other stuff had caused the rim to oxidize to the trim. Once it came off with much banging of hammers the dealer refused to put them back together stating the oxidization may have affected the wheels & sent them back offering me another set

Add to that i dont do shiny stuff on cars.i,m more a stealth man. Nice & understated rather than in yer face. I love the vossen but hate the rims