19 inch BBS LM reps

I think if you stuck to the right width and offsets they'll go on just fine, as the extra diameter would be taken up by fitting a smaller tyre.

Basically, if an 8x18 rim goes on, then a 8x19 rim should go on just the same, as you'd drop the tyre from a 40 profile to a 35 or 30 to get the rolling radius correct and the overall package would be geometrically the same

Problem is a normal B5 doesnt really suit wheels any wider than 8", and i would imagine most 19" rims will end up being more like 8.5 or 9" wide, at which point you've got them sticking out with stretched tyres etc.

8.5's might just about go, but i'd want to see 8.5's on a car, and find out what offset/tyre size etc was being used before i made the decision.

Thanks mate. TBH I will prob just stick with 18's if I buy some. I've just sold some real Lm's, and wish I would have kept them now (however, it would have been kind of daft the car wearing rims that are more expensive than it!).

I had 8.5's on the B5 in the form of the Fat5's... they fitted with zero problems!

I ran 10mm on the rear and they were ET45/48 - something like that.

Fronts were fine without spacers... even with the A4 on the floor.

interesting.

Do you think the fronts would have fitted with a 10mm spacer also (given those wheels on ebay are ET37)?

I would think an ET37 would need a 10mm spacer on the fronts. You'd probably need a 20mm spacer on the rear too!

I'm running ET45's with 10mm on the front and 15mm on the rear at the moment, but will probably be running 5mm's on the front soon as they catch ever so slightly on the arch.

I think you've got the numbers the wrong way round mate...

ET37 plus a 10mm spacer would give ET27

so when you had the Fat 5's, you were running ET48 on the front and ET38 on the rear.

Now your running the equivalent of ET35 on the front and ET30 on the rear. Are your current rims also 8.5"?

My Porsche alloys are et 34. I am running 15mm spacers on the rear (so et 19) and 10mm spacers on the front (so et 24). Its also 40mm lower than the sports setup. I have had no problems at all, no rubbing, no knocking.....Nothing. Its wearing 225's and the tyres actually sit level with the arch.

but they're only 7.5" wide?

obviously if you make the rim an inch wider and keep the offset the same, it'll stick out half an inch more, and stick in half an inch more too.

If your tyres are currently level with the arch, then you'd want to increase the offset by ~13mm, to keep the "Sticky-outeyness" the same. Problem then is the clearance on the inside!

I've been quite lucky with getting alloys to fit because I have an array of spacers, bolts and tyres to play with, so if something dosn't fit the first time you bet your **** it will fit the second! I try not to think too much about it,its not worth it.

Ye, but you can only space in one direction.

If the stock wheel is sticking out past the arch, theres nothing you can do to fix it, short of sticking the alloy in a mill!

Don't worry Aragorn, I wan't exactly planning on having genuine RS4's, so theres no way in hell anything is going to stick out past the arch without spacers......

lets face it mate, not many alloys (oe or aftermarket) come with ultra low offsets. Common sense, as always, prevails.