1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

19" Audi RS4 style wheels

Discussion in 'Classifieds Discussion Area' started by moag, Mar 13, 2012.

1. moag

moag she's no d-turbo

I have a set of 4no. 19 x 8.5J RS4 style replica wheels. These wheels have just been refurbed and I haven't fitted them to my car since. Professionally painted in audi granite/titanium (paint code L8AU - gloss paint with matt lacquer), which is the factory colour for many of the OEM black edition wheels and RS4 style wheels. Wheels were bead blasted prior to refurb.

4 brand new genuine audi centre caps have been fitted to the wheels, centre cap colour is perfect match for wheel colour. I will also include a spare set of centre caps

All wheels have been treated to a coat of poor boys wheel sealant so they are ready to be fitted

The only bad point about the wheels is that one wheel has a small weld on the inside edge (See picture). However I ran these wheels for over a year and this never posed an issue.

Wheel specs-
    5x112
    19 x 8.5J
    ET45

The wheel offset is perfect for the A3 and A4, they will also fit A5 and A6 as well as other VAG cars.

Photos-
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

In terms of price I am looking for offers around £400. Bearing in mind that the paint alone cost me £90, i think this is a fair price.

Contact via pm, email (moag_4@hotmail.com) or call/text 07812985857

These are a great option for someone looking for a set of RS4 wheels as a genuine set in need of refurb will cost you anywhere from £800+.
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2012
  2. moag

moag she's no d-turbo

Bump
  3. moag

moag she's no d-turbo

sensible offers?

Need these gone
  4. Lund

Lund Member

How can the tyre beading form a seal with the inner edge of the rim with that weld?
  5. cream2cream

cream2cream Member

bit pricey for fakes mate, i'ii try around 150 odd, or sell them individually
  6. moag

moag she's no d-turbo

The tyre bead is unaffected by the weld. The weld isn't visible at all on the other side of the lip (tyre bead bonds on this side).

It doesn't affect the performance of the wheel at all, I stretched a 215/35 tyre on them and never had any issues with it

cream - £150 gets you a ratty old set of wheels, with scrap tyres or no tyres. I think these are worth a good bit more than that due to their condition, new centre caps etc.
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2012
  7. moag

moag she's no d-turbo

Offers around £350?
  8. Mr.Vagcom

Mr.Vagcom New Member

Under no circumstances should any wheels be repaired like this if its cracked its scrap! !!!!!! Would any of you on here want your wives, girlfriends, children or any other family members driving around with a wheel that has been repaired like this? suprised forum moderators havnt seen this! !!!!
  9. moag

moag she's no d-turbo

Not strictly true. Small cracks are often welded and refurbed if its safe to do so, if it wasn't safe why would so many wheel refurbing companies offer to weld cracked wheels and straighten buckled wheels. These wheels were on my A3 for 15K and the repair never posed any issues at all. As stated earlier the weld can't even be seen from the other side of the repair

Look at any of the wheel/car forums including edition, wheel whores etc. There are hundreds of wheels with small welds similar to this, people wouldn't buy them if they were not safe!

If I had any doubt that these wheels weren't safe then I wouldn't be selling them!
  10. Mr.Vagcom

Mr.Vagcom New Member

Oh rite yeah thats probably why theyve sold then....... ?? Think youve answered your own question !!!!!!!! Ill tell you what... call vosa and ask them what they think, im sure theyll enlighten you to the error of your ways/beliefs.

The only reason companies like that offer welding services like that is for tight a**e peeps like yourself, they dont really care about the safety aspects of the job as long as your paying and happy. If you class this sort of job as wheel refurbishment then your mad! !!!!

Copy/replica wheels are never as strong to start with you only need to look at the inside edge compared to an oem..... Take some advice from someone who has been in the trade 16 years and seen stuff like this, its horrific trust me! !!!!!!!!!!
  11. moag

moag she's no d-turbo

Your entitled to your own view fella. If your not interested in the wheels then there is no reason for you to be posting in my thread.

Based on the advice I've received from the refurbing company over here, and my own experience, the wheels are safe and fit for purpose.

Also, don't bother calling me a "tight a**e", slagging people on an internet forum is going to get you nowhere
  12. Mr.Vagcom

Mr.Vagcom New Member

Wheels are scrap, leave it at that.
  13. Mr.Vagcom

Mr.Vagcom New Member

Also for the record a forum slap is often a wake up call! !!! Speak to vosa.
  14. Sandra

Sandra MODERATOR Staff Member Moderator

Ok guys, lets keep this thread on topic, (the sale of wheels) please keep it civil. :)

15. Mr.Vagcom

Mr.Vagcom New Member

Ok Sandra.... Sorry.