19" alloys on 2001 s3

gman1001

Reaction score
alright lads any of you pros know if i was to fit 19" alloys with 235 /35 tyres on my 2001 s3 if im gonna have any problems with rubbing or handling any help would be much appreciated.cheers:hi:

Your car should handle about the same... Ride quality will suffer, and acceleration will be comprimised....

But it will look good... :hubbahubba:

i think with 235's it will rub a fair bit. you need 225's.

dont get 19's though, they just look too big for the car, and are a kill unsprung weight, so they will make it handle worse, and accelerate slower, and give a REaLLY harsh ride.

personally, i think the ride of 18's is too harsh, i can only imagine 19's will be horrible!

17's all the way for me!

i've got 235/35/19's on with no rubbin issues at all (she's lowered on PSS9's) lock to lock theres no bother? she does have 20mm spacers all round but that for the nouvalari wheels ta clear the brembo GT's an to make the rears fill the arches but no issues here! (ride quality points above are more than likly valid but down to personal preference an i find the ride is fine) handling is fine but what i've lost with the 19's i've gained we the suspension set up, arb's and tie bars, did shave a second off my quarter mile time (not that i'm a big quarter miler but its worth a laugh)

hope this helps!

tbh, the handling does suffer a little and yes the ride is more harsh over pot holes etc...but i disagree that 19's look too big.. i have the lambo wheels on my noggy S3 and i think they look great.

Each to their own though eh?!

Oh and as for rubbing...the front rubs a 'little' on full lock and thats it.

:)

Prawn said:
i think with 235's it will rub a fair bit. you need 225's.

I've been running 235's on my S3 since I've had it, which is about 6 years or so. with an offset of ET35 the rears will never catch, lots of room under the back arches, enough for 255s if you really must....
Front wise, it will only catch the inner arch(on the inside) at full lock and going over uneven surfaces, like reversing out of a drive. So nothing to worry about, but I have since put a set of 5mm spacers and all is well.

HTH

nice one boys, big big help. trying to find this stuff out wasnt easy till i joined this forum .