1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

18"RSTT RIMS

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Alonzo, Mar 21, 2004.

1. Alonzo

Alonzo Member

[Mar 21, 2004]
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 21, 2014]

3. Alonzo

Alonzo Member

[Mar 22, 2004]
    [ QUOTE ]
    clcollins said:
    Do you guys have anything against replicas?

You can a full set for around £700 - £850

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd prefer the originals for peace of mind...Watched this documentary on replicas imported from turkey or similar and they just cracked/shattered on impact instead of warping/denting.
    Plus if i got RSTT reps then i'd have to get the original centres etc from Audi then hope they came with the Pirelli's, if not then theres more chedder/hassle.
    Cheers
    Danny
  4. clcollins

clcollins Member

[Mar 22, 2004]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Alonzo said:
    [ QUOTE ]
    clcollins said:
    Do you guys have anything against replicas?

You can a full set for around £700 - £850

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd prefer the originals for peace of mind...Watched this documentary on replicas imported from turkey or similar and they just cracked/shattered on impact instead of warping/denting.
    Plus if i got RSTT reps then i'd have to get the original centres etc from Audi then hope they came with the Pirelli's, if not then theres more chedder/hassle.
    Cheers
    Danny

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh great now you've put the s@*!ts up me and I'll have to go for originals, where do you live I'm coming round for the extra £500, no seriously thanks for the warning, I was only seeing pound signs. Looks like Rochford is the way to go. I've got some mint original 17" RS6's to sell first, should make paying for the RS4's less painful.
  5. Karcsi

Karcsi Member

[Mar 23, 2004]
    Can anyone explain what a "Premium Economy" tyre is? Oxymoron, surely.
  6. Alonzo

Alonzo Member

[Mar 24, 2004]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Gambba said:
    It's the top of the bottom, the highest of the low /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought they were the best of the worst?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif
  7. Alonzo

Alonzo Member

[Mar 24, 2004]
    When i eventually get the rims can anyone recommend a good set of springs/shocks that would give my TDI Quattro even better handling as at speeds on bends the car can tend to understear easily being a heavy oil burner.
    Also any recommendations on a company that will fit them that you can trust?
    Thanks
    Danny