1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

18" RS6s, what is the offset?

Chappers Aug 12, 2006

1. Chappers

Chappers Slowly moving forward!

Hi Guys,

I'm getting some RS6s for my TDI sport. What is the recommended offset. I went to get them fitted this morning and the bloke had got 30? offset (don't know 30 what?). Made my beatiful car look a bit like a tractor my wife informed me. Spoke to the bloke and said that it was really not right with wheels pretruding out of the front arches!! He agreed, took them off and said he'd get me some 45? offset. Is this right??

Chappers.

:think:

2. Olly_K

Olly_K Administrator

Im pretty sure you need ET35, but I could be wrong. Hopefully someone will be able to confirm it

3. Eeef

Eeef Lord of War

4. benw123

benw123 Moderator

Before I bought and fitted my 17s I did a lot of research on this, and as Eeef's linked post shows, anything less than ET45 is going to cause rubbing.

5. marriedblonde

marriedblonde Active Member

You can get away with a 42mm offset. I've got them fitted to mine and that's with the eibachs (sportline -50mm) They don't rub at all on the front but they do catch the screw that holds the arch line to the rear bumper - easily solved in a could of minutes by filing down the screw!

J.

6. Chappers

Chappers Slowly moving forward!

Thanks for the advice guys, sounds like 45 would be good.

Chappers