1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

18" RS6 / S-Line Replica Alloys wheels

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by c_w, Dec 2, 2010.

1. c_w

c_w Active Member

Have got an S-Line Sportback with the 18" RS6 style alloys and they're not in great condition and one is buckled (balanced ok and is on the back so can't feel it). Have been looking at getting them refurbed but as one needs replacing have seen that for about £300 you can buy replicas that seem to be the same size 18x8 and offset ET42 as the OEM AUDI alloys.

Does anyone run these and are there any differences to the genuine alloys?

[​IMG]

18" SPE RS6 ALLOY WHEELS ONLY AUDI A3 on eBay (end time 16-Dec-10 10:38:18 GMT)
  2. sub39h

sub39h Active Member

You can find single alloys on eBay for £150ish, and refurbing 4 alloys will cost another £150ish.

That's BY FAR a better option than getting reps.

Just so we're clear - DO NOT GET REPS.
  3. c_w

c_w Active Member

Is there any reason why not though other than they aren't "original"? Other good reason is that car isn't off the road whilst the wheels are being done (can just get tyres swapped over, maybe even sell the originals on).
  4. crazypainter

crazypainter Member

Think these audi wheels have hollow spokes so are lighter by something like 15%, Should retain a higher retail value should you decide to sell later on. Other than that I dont know about strength etc, You would assume the originals should be of a higher standard but I dont actually know.............
  5. CHRIS555

CHRIS555 DOPE with added OCD

The replicas are generally heavier and may not be the best quality - eg. should you tap a curb they may buckle / damage much more easily - saying that though, if your just after a set of nice wheels and don't care too much for performance then a lot of people do opt for reps....
  6. Synchromesh

Synchromesh Will Race For Cookies

FYI, OEM S-line wheels are 7.5x18 ET54, not 8x18 ET42.
  7. c_w

c_w Active Member

Thanks for that! I have seen a few on ebay of those dimensions (the original ones), so in that case I may well just stick to OEM, the replicas are going to sit about 14mm further out at a rough guess.
  8. sub39h

sub39h Active Member

As above really. They're heavy, poor quality, they may peel their lacquer after a few months and need refurbing anyway, you can often tell they're reps a mile off etc etc etc

Just track down a new wheel on eBay. That design is very common and it shouldn't be hard!
  9. luke1987

luke1987 Air Ride is for Ballers!!

I got a set of oem rs6s for sale lad ;) drop me a pm if u like