18" RS6 Replica wheels fitted but will they be OK?

Tony7

Reaction score
Have just fitted new set of 18" RS6 replica wheels with 225/40/18 Avons from Rochford tyres to my 2000 AUDI A4 2.5TDI Quattro Avant, the rear wheels stick out virtually to the edge of the bodywork (car not lowered). Now bit concerned that with 4 or 5 up the tyres will catch on corners.

Thought I would ask before I damage tyres/bodywork and then will be in a worse negotiating position if I have to go back to Rochford (who do say they will fit).

Anyone comments or owners with similar issues I would appreciate your feedback.

Regards

Tony

Hi Tony, with the wheels you have purchased, you require the off-sets to be ET35 IIRC, this should be printed somewhere on the inside of the rims. Also, as the rear suspension is under load or compressed, you get negative camber, where the top of the wheel is pulled inwards slightly, this aids the handling when you are leaining into corners, and also helps the tyres to clear your wheel arches when you have passengers . /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

i recently fitted 18" rs6 reps from LTC tyres & immediately noticed what you described. I believe my off-set to be ET35, although did'nt see this labled on any of the rims but i think my alloys are 8.5" wide which may contibute to this. I've since been 4-up with no rubbing.

Thanks guys for the responses.

Joe, your statement about the wheel being deflected inwards gives me major reassurance combined with your comment Mike about having similar issues and no cleareance problems.

This is a great forum!!!

Tony