1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

17s,18s or....19s

reg21 Mar 17, 2009

1. reg21

reg21 New Member

what wheels look good but dont disrupt yhe ride too much... im thinking of getting the rs4 reps, or the nuvolari replica in black!!

2. redspudder

redspudder Sparky

[​IMG]

I went for RS6 18's so far so good

3. James88

James88 Member

just got 18inch RS4s, havent fitted them yet as i just painted them today 18s is the sensible option in my opinion

4. reg21

reg21 New Member

does the a4 in pic below have standard springs on it? the 18s seem to fit very nice

5. Renbod

Renbod Member

I went for 18's, 17's look small and don't fill the arches, 19's look good but unless you have a good set of coilovers I'm sure they will rub on every bump and hard corner.

Here's mine (sorry it's not a great picture).

[​IMG]

6. reg21

reg21 New Member

fit nice mate, so you didnt fit springs on your, thats just standard with 18s on?? thanks fo the pic mate

7. Renbod

Renbod Member

Yeah standard suspension on mine but it's a 1.8t sport so it has the same suspension as an S-line (red shocks) which I think is slightly stiffer and lower than normal.

8. BahnStormer77

BahnStormer77 BahnStormer

18's are generally regarded as the usable sporty option - on standard suspension, you might notice the weight of the wheels, but apparently the reduced tyre profile is not too noticable.

19's will ( a) make you a very nervous driver (kerbing, pot holes, etc) and ( b) probably need revised suspension.

17's are okay-ish, but scarcely worth the effort...