1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

17705 ----- help

Jay-a3 Feb 21, 2010

1. Jay-a3

Jay-a3 Member

hi ive been having a reacurring 17705 code coming up. it takes about 4 days to come back once erased.The car doesnt seem to be driving much diffrently appart from what feels like a slight miss in the engine sometimes.i havent had the car all that long so i couldnt tell if there is a power loss.
    any ideas guys?i know its a loss of pressure code but ive had a smoke machine on the engine and no signs of a leak anywhere?
    please any advice greatful

2. DJ_Troopa

DJ_Troopa K1 Driver

3. s3 Hoggy

s3 Hoggy Whats going on???

you might get a bit more help if you list your car model fella:icon_thumright:

Cheers Matt

4. Jay-a3

Jay-a3 Member

sorry new to this. its an a3 1.8t sport! beautifull car just this code is haunting me

5. sportstractor

sportstractor Chugger

diverter valve seems to be a common one. also a few pipes under inlet manifold which are prone to cracking

6. DJ_Troopa

DJ_Troopa K1 Driver

Have a look in that link i posted matey. It has causes and solutions in there. 1 of the main things to check is the dv as mentioned above.

7. Jay-a3

Jay-a3 Member

ive had a baileys diverter vaulve put on just after christmas so i rulled that out. best taking to a garage and ask someone arnt i.

8. DJ_Troopa

DJ_Troopa K1 Driver

Have you checked the pipes running to the dv though?

9. s3 Hoggy

s3 Hoggy Whats going on???

Could be woth checking you havn't split any pipes when fitting your dv, could happen by overtightening jubilee clips! some tool I know done this! :undwech:

10. Jay-a3

Jay-a3 Member

yea they look fine and there was no signs of a leak when the smoke machine was used. its weird that if i erase the code now it will take a few days to come back on?!ill see if i can book it into a garage. a boost gauge would be handy wouldnt it.

11. Jay-a3

Jay-a3 Member

i had it fitted in demon tweeks do you think i should take it back?sure they hav all the vag software too