17664 Temp sensor with a difference

twist123

Reaction score
I recently got this code and changed the sensor on my A4 1.9tdi 130, for some reason the sensor is a 2 pin gray verison and not a green 4 pin, even though a 4 pins listed for this model. Anyway, got the part from Audi and changed it / cleared code but the code still comes up? Any ideas guys?

Thanks

You have the wrong sensor it should be green as i changed one not so long ago hence your issues.

cant be wrong plug only goes onto gray sensor, i bought the green one and tried, doesnt fit wiring plug.

Sorry mate i read your post wrong .:whistle2:
i think thou theres 2 sensors was it the one behind the head at the back of the engine ,
i thought one did the ecu and one did the gauge ,
one is green and one is grey
i might be mistaken i will have a look tomorrow .

Last edited:
Hey Paul, it was the one at the back by the fuel filter (gray 2 pin), could you do me a favour and let me know where the other one is asap? Would like to get this sorted tomorrow if possible. Engine mounts also causing havoc which is very annoying, if you know how to fix that?

Thanks

Thanks Paul, found it, was hiding at the back of the head. Now replaced and code gone.

Top job glad you got it sorted ,
and ive just made the connection :salute: and alec needs to get more smilies :yahoo: