17544 fault code caused by decat pipe or n249/112 bypass??

Nick Clarke

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have a a3 1.8t aum which has a 3" decat and milltek full system. It was remapped before the exhaust was fitted at AMD in Essex. I have also just done the well advised n249/112 delete.

The sai pump is still in place and is noisy, but on inspection someone has bolted it together in the past, but I do have a split in the pipe that comes out of the pump. I have 2 engine related fault codes, 1 which I have had since owning the car in Feb, sai incorrect flow, and fuel trim to lean on bank 1 which has just popped up 3 days after doing the n249 delete, which I presume has caused the eml light to come on.

So.... my question is, what is the most likely cause of the fuel trim code? Decat (which was done 3 weeks ago) or no vacuum feed to combi valve for sai? Do I need to still provide vacuum to this from somewhere else I.e fpr? Or does the lamda sensor need a spacer?

Thanks for any suggestions that may come!

Hi guys, I have a a3 1.8t aum which has a 3" decat and milltek full system. It was remapped before the exhaust was fitted at AMD in Essex. I have also just done the well advised n249/112 delete.

The sai pump is still in place and is noisy, but on inspection someone has bolted it together in the past, but I do have a split in the pipe that comes out of the pump. I have 2 engine related fault codes, 1 which I have had since owning the car in Feb, sai incorrect flow, and fuel trim to lean on bank 1 which has just popped up 3 days after doing the n249 delete, which I presume has caused the eml light to come on.

So.... my question is, what is the most likely cause of the fuel trim code? Decat (which was done 3 weeks ago) or no vacuum feed to combi valve for sai? Do I need to still provide vacuum to this from somewhere else I.e fpr? Or does the lamda sensor need a spacer?

Thanks for any suggestions that may come!
I cleared the code to see how quickly it would come back and it only took 2 days so I think that proves it must be the n112 bypass that's the problem? Guessing I shouldn't have bypassed that with the sai still present?

Can anyone confirm this???

The N112 is for the evap canister, I don't understand what pwople hope to gain by removing this, it's not as if it takes up much space or is using extra power. Try re instating the N112, delete the code and see if it comes back. N112 dumps petrol fumes pre turbo at a predetermined point. losing this could be why you have lean code.

The n112 is an sai control valve. The n80 is evap valve....

Attachments

• vacumlines-vi.jpg
    vacumlines-vi.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 229
It was actually my maf causing the ltft to be over 20%. This has been cleaned now ltft is at 14% and the code hasn't come back. However sai incorrect flow code is causing an eml which I am told is quite hard to get rid of on an aum......

N80, okay my mistake. I believe the SAIP has to be mapped out, has the pump failed?

Yes pump failed so is now gone. Asked amd to map it out when I went for stage 2 but they said they couldn't!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Ahh right thanks anyway bud

It's ok mate I've chucked all the other bits that go with it now...

Reactions: QuattroCalum