170s remap questions

blackwood

Reaction score
170 remap questions
Hi Everyone,

I'm looking to buy a 170 Avant in a couple of months time, aiming for a 2010/11 if possible. I have had an A4 3.0 tdi quattro before that was remapped, and would like to know of anyone's experiences of remapping the 2 litre 170bhp. I intend to do away with the EGR and DFP at the same time, and would like to know if anyone has had this done, and any thoughts they may have, is the car more driveable, improved pick up, economy? As I would like a multitronic gearbox, are there any issues with the increased power and torque? I do on average around 500 miles a week, so economy is quite important to me, which is why I'm not going for a 2.7 or 3.0 much as I'd love one with the quattro four wheel drive...
Any comments or thoughts would be much appreciated, thank you for taking the time to read this, and thanks in anticipation...

You will have more power, economy and response. However as a calibrator who writes maps I realise It's in my interest to say this!

Economy is harder to tune for than a power increase as it requires more consideration than just injecting more fuel.

You're welcome to give me a call to discuss and ask as many questions as you wish :)

Thanks, Rick

Thanks Rick! Sorry it's taken a while to respond, but I really appreciate your offer, and will give you a call when the time comes. I find it hard to believe though that nobody seems to have done this mod as it seems win win to me! :) Cheers!

Ive got an a4 avant 170 special edition which when i bought had a dpf issue in a matter off weeks.. Before i had the dpf removed the car had a slight shudder on idle aswell, i took the car for removal off dpf and a custom remap on the dyno the car made 180.7 bhp standerd but after a few hours the guys avhieved 197.8 bhp with 320lbt of torque and can honestly say that its in another leauge now.. On a run to scotland using a heavy foot the car did 790 miles on a full tank, youll not be dissapointed as i do 550 mile a week going to work and the car uses around £67 in diesel, quality cant fault mine and gives a lot of so called hot hatches a pasting ;)