1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

170bhp tdi b7 turbo onto a 130bhp tdi b6

Chris_A Mar 14, 2012

1. Chris_A

Chris_A Member

seen this is just a straight swap over....

anyone done it? wouldnt it be a cheap 40bhp gain?

seen turbos on ebay for 350ish...

2. benjie

benjie Well-Known Member

A guy on here - Asharia I think his username is - has done it. Ask him or check his build thread...

3. benjie

benjie Well-Known Member

4. xs2man

xs2man Member

It would be more than just changing the turbo though. At the very least it will need remapped too.

5. ASHIHARA

ASHIHARA Member

BV43 turbo is a straight swap,but you need a bigger intercooler,FMIC is ideal and custom remap to suit the turbo;you can gain 70-80hp with this setup,depends how talented is the tuner.

6. benjie

benjie Well-Known Member

I think I've asked you before, but are you on the standard clutch? I'd have real worries at that power that it wouldn't last more than a year, esp with quattro. Also, how about pipework & pressure - any mods, any problems?

7. ASHIHARA

ASHIHARA Member

Yep,i didn`t replace the clutch,is the original one and looks like i will not change him too soon,holds fine.I didn`t have any problems,the car push strong and fast when i need it.

8. choimaloy

choimaloy Member

Would it be best to only do this with a quattro as I've got FWD and thinking of doing this.

9. Chris_A

Chris_A Member

What kinda money is involved in doing the FMIC? can you not just steal one off a 170BHP b7 a4 ???