1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

156mph 3k fine and 1 year ban

Rev-head Jan 10, 2006

1. Rev-head

Rev-head Active Member

Could not believe it when watching news tonight this guy caught in his BMW 156mph on his mobile and thats what he got .....lucky /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif......... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

2. CJ A4

CJ A4 Active Member

What an idiot no excuse for being on a mobile at that speed....can the cheapo not afford a bluetooth headset...i bet he'd wished he had bought one now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

3. Rev-head

Rev-head Active Member

4. god_thats_quick

god_thats_quick Numptie of the highest order

Oh come on, it's daft but it's not that bad - not liked he killed anyone. I still don't see how the talking on a mobile is worse than having a fag or talking to a passenger etc. granted if I was going that fast I'd have both hands on the wheel and be concentrating quite a bit but hey what can you do.

5. RichA3Turbo

RichA3Turbo ...Watching you! Staff Member Moderator

when/if driving at that speed...My eyes are pinned to the road like a hawk...Both hands on the wheels and not talking either. being on a mobile is just ridiculous.... Also dont even consider those speeds when there are others on the road.

Rich

6. dickys3

dickys3 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

He should have been locked up imo!

We all go fast but going that fast when using a phone is rediculous!

7. fallmonk

fallmonk Turbo Sport

It sayed on the radio he was over the drink driving limit! IF true drunk, holding a phone and doing that speed IS CRAZY !

8. 28v6

28v6 Guest

Wait a minute... Isn't you avatar doing the same??

9. fallmonk

fallmonk Turbo Sport

children and phones dont go!
    and my avi is waiting till he gets out to drink ! lol ,

10. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ridiculous sentence, phone or no phone.
    I got a 12 month ban just from 4 motorway speeding offences over 3 years, none of which were even remotely dangerous (and I wasn't on the phone).
    This country's magistrates are a joke!

11. jdp1962

jdp1962 Grumpy Old Moderator Staff Member Moderator TFSI Owners Group Team V6 Gold Supporter Team Tornado Audi S4 quattro Black Edition s tronic

[ QUOTE ]
    This country's magistrates are a joke!

[/ QUOTE ]

Wasn't this incident in a different country?

12. AndyMac

I meant UK, but I guess judging from the reference to Sheriffs the scots have a different system.
    They usually have a better system, but judging from this story I assume it doesn't extend to speeding. Thinking about it I was only comparing it with my own situation, so The M3 driver probably got a fair penalty given that doing 156 in an M3 still meant his stopping distance was better than most HGV's doing 60mph, and I assume it was late at night.
    So I still stand by my comment as it was my own penalty that was ludicrously harsh, unless you equate motorway speeding to be as dangerous as drunk driving.

13. S4_dan

S4_dan Fire up the Quattro! VCDS Map User

Only England & Wales have exactly the same Laws. Scotland has a law system that is unique and I'd rather have the scottish law system for the whole of the UK!

14. AndyMac

Especially their superb property buying system which is designed to actually work rather than purely line the pockets of hopeless solicitors

15. TDI-line

TDI-line Uber Post Whore Team Floret Silver quattro Audi A3 Black Edition TDi

Typical beamer driver. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

16. Khufu

Khufu Well-Known Member

Isnt it based more on French law???

17. audi5e

audi5e Member

France has law's, I thought they had escargot?

18. neversaydie

neversaydie Post Whore

There was recently a story going around that a guy got pulled over by police in his BMW doing 156MPH whilst on his mobile phone (the same story above) - there was a debate to how this could have been achieved, so I took the debate to them and took a photo of my BMW doing 150MPH on the M** - the camera was of the mobile (cell) phone type.

Not sure what the fuss was all about!

http://www.clannsd.com/Images/150MPH.jpg

19. neversaydie

neversaydie Post Whore

[ QUOTE ]
    Typical beamer driver. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

lmao /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

20. CJ A4

CJ A4 Active Member

NSD tut tut that picture is really blurry /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

21. Kevint

Kevint Active Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Especially their superb property buying system which is designed to actually work rather than purely line the pockets of hopeless solicitors

[/ QUOTE ]

Ours is changing now, hopefully for the better.

Kev.

22. neversaydie

neversaydie Post Whore

[ QUOTE ]
    NSD tut tut that picture is really blurry /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

lol ever tried waving your phone at the seedos when doing that speed!

23. CJ A4

CJ A4 Active Member

Unfortunately my Sloooooow Audi will never do that speed. I have touched 140 but i think that was going down a slight decline hahaha my car can't go any faster /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif
    Bloody hell mate your car is quite rapid i'm impressed! I take it the remap really made the difference then.

24. TDI-line

TDI-line Uber Post Whore Team Floret Silver quattro Audi A3 Black Edition TDi

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol ever tried waving your phone at the seedos when doing that speed!

[/ QUOTE ]

And only 4000 revs too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue_out.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue_out.gif

25. DavidR

DavidR Active Member

This was a complex case where the guy's initial case was dropped on a technicality. the retrial could only be for "culpable and reckless conduct" and that was the max penalty apparently. Because the police and prosecutors messed up they did not charge him with dangerous driving which would be the normal charge for such speeds.

26. neversaydie

neversaydie Post Whore

Oh yeah the remap has made one hella a difference! I think the car can easily push out 155MPH, the scary thing is that the car loves it too - handles like a charm and no shakes or unsteadyness / skipping. Cant wait to get this car down to the Ring next summer!