155mph Limit

g10chy

Reaction score
Hey,

I managed to get my S3 to its 155mph limit the other week on a private road!! Is there anyway to remove this limit? Does/should a remap help?

Cheers,
Chris

No it was defo a limiter!! It sat perfect at 155mph on the dials and felt like it had at least another 5-10mph more in at plus few thousand revs

Fairly sure there is no limiter as the book speed for an S3 is 149mph iirc... had mine off the clock on a private road before now :)

<tuffty/>

Correct me if i'm wrong but i'm pretty sure the max speed of an 8L S3 is something like 148mph and they are'nt limited. 155 seems pretty high to me, have you had the speed confirmed with something like a sat nav?

i wouldnt of thought it would be limited, if it was im sure a remap would remove it, but is it worth it for those few extra miles an hour than you can rarely achieve?

i squeezed 168mph out of mine before i started running out of runway and shat my pants :D

Its just strange how i managed to get mine to sit exactly on 155 at the dials (agree it wont be actual 155mph) and it wouldnt move any further yet it had plenty of revs left and wasnt fluctuating at all?! Was as if it hit a limiter.

If you hit a limiter then it wouldnt be smooth and wouldnt sit bang on a certain speed and rpm.

Its just strange how i managed to get mine to sit exactly on 155 at the dials (agree it wont be actual 155mph) and it wouldnt move any further yet it had plenty of revs left and wasnt fluctuating at all?! Was as if it hit a limiter.

it might have had revs left but not sufficient torque to keep pushing the air out of the way

It will be smooth when its out of puff.. the limiter would be a splutter/cough which you would notice

dont ask me how I know
6th gear, 8200rpm on a *private* autobahn

Last edited:
Why wouldnt it be smooth? Its nowhere near bouncing off the rev limiter.

Then as Bill has said its ran out of puff. The limiter will cut the power so you'll have some fluttering on the revs when it reaches max, much like it does when you go all the way through the red line in say, 2nd gear but not as severe.

If you're car wasnt doing any of that then it hasnt got a limiter and it had just run out of puff to make it go any quicker.

Yep, because it'll be about 140mph actual.

Yes there is a limiter on the S3 set at 155... If you hook up vcds (VAG-Com) it will now have a code stored as speed limiter hit.

It can be turned of within the software so you might as well have it remapped at the sametime.

Only ever had one vehicle here that had the code stored in the ecu, so must have been the same private road this Audi TT driver was on. ;-)