15% Off clutch kits / flywheels @ Eurocarparts

mattyboy199

Reaction score
As title guys just ordered both for the S3 total cost £415 both LUK items.

matt

Is it any good? I was going to start a thread about best clutch to get.

Replacement clutches are always a subjective discussion...

LuK make the OEM kit... I bought mine from GSF a while back now, £100 for the clutch kit (plate and cover, £24 for the concentric slave and £240 for the DMF...

As a std clutch its more than capable of supporting stage 1 and 2 levels of tune but if you plan to launch the car then you will lunch it quickly...

I run an LuK cover plate and DMF but use a Sachs 4 paddle plate... I have had no issues with it all and covered over 10k with it so far... clutch pedal feel is OEM and light, it can be grabbier than std but you get uses to it and I have only stalled the car a few times lol..

Obviously you can launch using it and it will survive much longer than the OEM plate but... it will wear out more quickly and there is still only so many launches before it to lunches...

Clutches are an expensive purchase any way you look at it and everyone will have their own views on what is best etc.. there is a lot of crap out there and tbh its really difficult to get a straight answer about whats 'the best clutch'

At the end of the day if you are not an animal with your clutch and drive more progressively then a std clutch is a safe bet... a lot of 'uprated' clutches use a stiffer cover plate to get better clamping but this is at the expense of your left leg in slow traffic... in one instance I have seen this lead to a massive crack on the bulkhead around the master cylinder where the thing was so stiff (granted it was an Ibiza but its still a similar setup to any other 1.8t)

The setup I have was used by a guy on SCN for his (then) 450hp TT for drag runs and lasted for a good couple of years... MTM use the same setup too on some of their conversions...

Sorry I can't be of much more help but its the only clutch setup I have tried and now has been used in a couple of other high power S3's I have done work on too which the owners seem happy with so it works well...

Others will be along with talk of single mass flywheels and this clutch and that clutch... just be careful what parts you buy as if you go SMF make sure you get matched components as I have seen some issues mix and matching SMF's with some clutches where the clutch doesn't disengage properly or a biting point a inch off the carpet...

<tuffty/>

my current clutch has lasted 80k the car was remaped at 44k its been driven by me since 26k its had some abuse, i think its done fairly well, my mate has a standard mk1 RS focus the clutch gave up at 38k.

Thank you. That's quite possibly the best response to question I have read on this forum and i really appreciate it and your honesty.

I'm still running the standard clutch and am considering options before my clutch eventually goes. Its alright at the minute but it will happen, despite my efforts to preserve, and I just don't want to get caught with my pants down.

I'll probably end up going with your recommendation. Thanks again.

Sorry Matt, I meant tuffty there...but appreciate it Matt all the same!

Forgot to press quote on my iPhone.

It's a good forum, I'm glad that I'm on it now.

Just checked the parts for my diesel A4 and the total is around 495 quid for the clutch kit and DMF. Still to take 15% discount off it.

Last edited:
Has anybody checked this site both the parts were cheaper here for me. Anybody used them?

Without any discount my total from this site is 430 quid.

http://www.thepartspeople.co.uk

Last edited: