1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

15 minutes of fame?!

warren_S5 Oct 15, 2009

1. warren_S5

warren_S5 Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

My apologies to the moderator(s) of this forum, as this isn't strictly A3/S3 specific (beyond the point that I own one), however this will be largely irrelevant to anyone outside the A3/S3 part of the forum as I know even less of them that I do you lot in here.

Just clicked into Audi Driver International website to see the results for the Winners and losers of best Audi garage / Forum etc... (and saw Audi Sport.net won silver for best car club - well done to us!).

When I opened the website I was confronted by this:

http://www.audidriverinternational.co.uk/

Can you tell who it is yet?!! 15 minutes of fame, shame I couldn't look in the right direction!

2. N8

N8 Kowalski Details VCDS Map User

Nice eyebrows :laugh:

3. voorhees

voorhees Moderator Staff Member Moderator Black Edition Team Brill Red

4. Staz

Staz is a retronaut Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

:) Well done Warren!

5. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User quattro Audi A4

yarp, well done Warren, worth the trip back to Castle combe for then? lol

6. kkp0897

kkp0897 Active Member

You're more than that mate. Weren't you on the telly years ago...? Lovejoy?

Looks like Ian McShane under the helmet.

7. VWAddict

VWAddict Member VCDS Map User

Ah... many happy memories of getting tiny electric shocks down at "castle gloom", watching from under that huge electricity pylon, in the rain...

Keith

8. warren_S5

That's the worst chat up line I've ever heard :eyebrows:

:thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

Nearly ignored the call! :ohmy:

No, that's my Dad :icon_thumright:

Can't remember it raining, was that last year?

9. VWAddict

VWAddict Member VCDS Map User

Last year? heavens no. -I haven't been there for about 15 years... but it always seemed to rain when I went. (I ran a car in the Beetle cup.)

Mind you, our team motto was "it just wasn't our day!"

Keith

10. N8

N8 Kowalski Details VCDS Map User

:slap:

11. Staz

Staz is a retronaut Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

My first thoughts were Paul McCartney :unsure:

12. boggym

boggym Member

I think you've got it wrong Warren. Your fifteen minutes of fame, I think Allan McNish looks more excited to be photographed with you than vise versa!

13. Ash B

Ash B Well-Known Member

Haha well done Warren. I seen you just as you came back from that lap looked like you had a good time:thumbsup:

14. warren_S5

To be fair he was, I taught him a few tricks out on the track, but whether he'll remember them come Le Mans 2010 is another matter!

I don't know which is worse, Paul McCartney or Ian McShane. I suppose it's better than the other day when some lass said I looked like Little Cook out of a kids programme called 'Big Cook, Little Cook'. Never heard of it, so can't confirm either way.

It was top mate. Allan is a character, and not one of these aloof one trick ponies who is devoid of personality. A really lovely guy, and f@@k me can the man drive (but then no surprises there I guess). Any more liknesses. I could run a poll.

Not the most flattering picture in the world, but then by bonce is fairly shoe-horned into that lid, so anyone could still say elephant man :p